Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I would check your fan speed. Might not be moving enough air you should able to get specs on the proper static pressure and adjust from there. If you can figure out the external static pressure you will get an idea of what kind of temp range you should be in

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    You might double check that limit spec.Salesmen make mistakes. I'd jump the high limit and check the heat high temp, just to see what is does. I don't mean let the thing glow till you can see through it, just see what it does. By no means do I mean leave the limit jumpered, just to check temp. Do you get airflow out of the limit hole? Sounds like you know what you are doing.
    yea i'm understanding what you're saying my first thought was go up to a l-200 , but i don't want to cook the insulation either. also yes the air was coming out of the temp limit hole , hot as hell , i had to tape the probe to a stick .

it rose to 212 the first time i did it , the second time i shut it down at 227.

im sure if i let it go it would just glow until it blows.

the spec. plate says a 40 -70 degree rise .
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    i have ran into a similar problem where someone had removed the blower wheel & not replaced the blower cutoff panel into the housing properly.
    what i refer to is the small piece of metal you have to remove to let the blower roll out of the housing. it can really foul up your airflow if not in properly.
    tell me more . . .

where do i find this info? what is the purpose of this metal "baffle" ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    coal burner?
    not yet. . .

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyhall.tech.sc View Post
    i think it was just free spooling i had the return air duct unhooked at the unit.

also im not sure what the IDEAL amp draw would be then . what would you recommend?
    Exactly with it free spoolling does the blower slow down or deliver less airflow?Try hooking duct up and doing a static press test. Then unhook supply and leave return hooked up to get proper or close to proper load on blower.Also if you havent check to be shure the blower wheel isnt clogged. Sometimes when your tired you miss some things.They look ok till you get up close.Also clean the evap. coil to inshure good air flow.It could be packed.1 more thing, make shure no insulation is pulling loose and blocking airflow when running.I actually had this this summer.Making the pressures low and previuos companies tech missed it. That could be your culprit.

I can never remember which is bigger orfice, propane or NG?
    possibily you got the wrong orfice.

Does this have a pilot? Even an electronic lighting one?
    Is it possible that a pilot is so full bore open, that your adding more BTU's than intended, than the air is able to pull off the hx? Remember, pilot adjustment is backwards from regular.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

I've had nothing but good experiences with the Goodman hotline. The people I dealt with were real sharp. It is, like this website, a good place to get help. I had a guy ask me once if I ever had a problem in hvac that I couldn't fix. I told him NO,because i always knew where to go to get the answer, then I would go back and fix the problem. That's the great thing about this website. you can eventually find the answer. I have worked in hvac shops where we never discussed hvac.I am not kidding! It was a carrier dealer. When I came in talking about books I was reading and asking questions, everyone left. Let us know what you find out.

You could also check your vent temp to see if its the firing or airflow.Also check the venter fan flue to ishure no blockage.Then proceed from there. Did you verify the correct orafices are installed and even compare them to a known correct size to see if they were stamped wrong or are just too big. Sounds like youve checked about everything else, id start looking for factory or tech screwups.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    possibily you got the wrong orfice.

Does this have a pilot? Even an electronic lighting one?
    Is it possible that a pilot is so full bore open, that your adding more BTU's than intended, than the air is able to pull off the hx? Remember, pilot adjustment is backwards from regular.
    no pilot so to speak , just a INTERMITTENT SPARK ASSY. it has a great blue "jet" no rumbling, no lift off , nothing unusual besides the initial start up roll out.

ill check on the orifice size tomorrow. . . this unit worked perfect for 12 years , what could have changed?

no pilot so to speak , just a INTERMITTENT SPARK ASSY. it has a great blue "jet" no rumbling, no lift off , nothing unusual besides the initial start up roll out.

ill check on the orifice size tomorrow. . . this unit worked perfect for 12 years , what could have changed?
    well, whats perfect?
    It had a cracked hx. Possibly was kept tripping on limit.
    Who knows, maybe it had the problem all along. Some guy threw a propane kit in on accident.

I just noticed this is public, sending you a message.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    You could also check your vent temp to see if its the firing or airflow.Also check the venter fan flue to ishure no blockage.Then proceed from there. Did you verify the correct orafices are installed and even compare them to a known correct size to see if they were stamped wrong or are just too big. Sounds like youve checked about everything else, id start looking for factory or tech screwups.
    i dangled my probe into the exhaust box and it read 239 degrees and was still rising. . .

im going to check the indoor blower wheel and make sure its tight and not slipping on the shaft , also im not sure i want to start changing orifices even though ill check it.

i did kind of deal every one here a dead hand though i didnt get my SP readings ...

ill keep you guys posted , im tired, im frustrated , and the wife is about to sling my laptop out the window . . .

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    LP burns hotter , there fore smaller hole . . .

hope i helped you my freind.

i dangled my probe into the exhaust box and it read 239 degrees and was still rising. . .

im going to check the indoor blower wheel and make sure its tight and not slipping on the shaft , also im not sure i want to start changing orifices even though ill check it.

i did kind of deal every one here a dead hand though i didnt get my SP readings ...

ill keep you guys posted , im tired, im frustrated , and the wife is about to sling my laptop out the window . . .
    No I didnt mean that. I meant verify their size by markings AND visually to see if they are too large.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast