Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    is the blower motor spinning the correct direction of rotation
    yes and i brushed off the wheel also . its something in the burner to hx to collector box to draft motor i think.

im not sure if goodman tech support can help without the sp readings so ill just do a bit more testing in the morning.

this one is kicking mt behind , but ill keep you guys posted. thanks for any and all help !

J.Hall
    catch a man a fish , feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish , ruin a good business opportunity.

Never mind...day late, dollar short.

Hmm

i think it was just free spooling i had the return air duct unhooked at the unit.

also im not sure what the IDEAL amp draw would be then . what would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyhall.tech.sc View Post
    i think it was just free spooling i had the return air duct unhooked at the unit.

also im not sure what the IDEAL amp draw would be then . what would you recommend?
    Not sure what ideal is, but pretty sure 1.0 is way low for 2.5 Ton drive. I'd guess more in the 2.0+ range. See what the ID plate rating is

Quote Originally Posted by Saturatedpsi View Post
    Not sure what ideal is, but pretty sure 1.0 is way low for 2.5 Ton drive. I'd guess more in the 2.0+ range. See what the ID plate rating is
    2.76 rla . and it has a 3.45 inrush then drops to .87 then goes up to stabilize at 1.03.

what could i change?

2.76 rla . and it has a 3.45 inrush then drops to .87 then goes up to stabilize at 1.03.
    With or without duct attached?

That little roll-out you observed is interesting. YOU DID fill that HX full of water before installing it....Right?

are we talking roll-out limit or high limit? I cannot find a rating for that model number of 160 on the high. The roll out is. The high limits have run from 180-220. Is it a 3" ? I believe you stated you probed the hole so I am thinking it is the high limit. I'll keep looking. Good luck. If I find something I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by thermojohn View Post
    With or without duct attached?

That little roll-out you observed is interesting. YOU DID fill that HX full of water before installing it....Right?
    with out ducts connected.

no, i did not fill with water . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    are we talking roll-out limit or high limit? I cannot find a rating for that model number of 160 on the high. The roll out is. The high limits have run from 180-220. Is it a 3" ? I believe you stated you probed the hole so I am thinking it is the high limit. I'll keep looking. Good luck. If I find something I'll post it.
    i had johnstone look it up and the high limit is a 160.

it would have easily gone to 250 if i had let it.

Talking

coal burner?

i have ran into a similar problem where someone had removed the blower wheel & not replaced the blower cutoff panel into the housing properly.
    what i refer to is the small piece of metal you have to remove to let the blower roll out of the housing. it can really foul up your airflow if not in properly.

You might double check that limit spec.Salesmen make mistakes. I'd jump the high limit and check the heat high temp, just to see what is does. I don't mean let the thing glow till you can see through it, just see what it does. By no means do I mean leave the limit jumpered, just to check temp. Do you get airflow out of the limit hole? Sounds like you know what you are doing.

Help on heat exchanger and high limit problem

I would check your fan speed. You should be able to get specs on what your static pressure should be able to adjust the proper air flow. You just might not be moving enough air across hx.
    im at a loss on this gas pack im working on. . .

i am trying to fix a Goodman gas-package unit.

model #PGB030075-1
    serial # 0003668303

i went to a no heat call yesterday evening, and found a cracked heat ex-changer. i will note that it was a 3 cell type with a clamshell pattern.
    it was blown out on the bottom and only half of the cell looked like it had ever seen heat ,. so ...... well im not sure but it was weird.

i got to the supply house this morning and picked up a new HX. put it in and started up the unit , it started up , ran for a few minutes and pow , off on HL.

ok i got this , inside to check filters , nope , clean as new .

then to the supply and checked coil , spot less .

IDFM 1.03 amps

INDUCER motor .008 amps .

hummm . bad limit , oh well , stick temp probe in hole and read a steadily increasing temp of 134, 155, 162, 170, 190, 212 deg. , okay whats going on.

checked duct work , un hooked both s and r air ducts , still kicking out high limit...

gas pressure in let = 8.5 in/wc

outlet or manifold pressures = 3.8 in/ wc , adjusted back to factory 3.5 in/wc.

now im stumped !

okay start over here . . . found busted gasket and slow motor on collector box , installed new one , still no good, high limit kick-outs occuring.

pulled gas manifold checked orfices , venturii , and pressures once more . . .

okay im done for the night , guys any help here ? im stunned by this units attitude and am not sure what my next move is . . .

so, if it were yours and replacement weren't an option what would you do next?

i need help on this matter , please !

also im sure the HX cracked at the very bottom from short cycling .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast