Location: New York
Position: Controls Technician
PASCO is a highly motivated group of professionals specializing in Building Management Systems. We are a distributor for leading companies in the direct digital controls field.
Coordinate, oversee, and manage control retrofits and installations and Service Preventative Maintenance contracts through the daily management and performance of work required of assigned projects to provide a complete functional, operating, DDC control system from engineering specifications, designs, directions, & customer requirements based on job schedule & budget.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
45% Perform a variety of duties related to the management of assigned projects and field technicians including, but not limited to:
· Provide daily direction and communication to contractors, sub contractors so that project service and installation is performed in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner; monitor the quality and quantity of work, and compile and analyze statistical reports.
·Oversee and coordinate assigned project schedules, materials, parts, supplies, through communication with technicians, contractors, engineers, programmers and office personnel.
· Attend project management meetings; respond to questions regarding schedules, status of Pasco’s scope of work from general contractors, contractors, subcontractors.
· Make recommendations regarding any design, installation and or operation issues regarding assigned or unassigned projects to Pasco Management in a timely fashion to allow as much opportunity to mitigate said issues in a satisfactorymanner.
· Act as a liaison to all project field personnel and customers in the resolution of day+to+day field project management and operational problems. Respond to customer questions and complaints. Answer Pasco product and service questions.
· Perform controls service agreement contract site visits, coordinating with customer, Service Department and Operations Manager.
40% Install and verify DDC programming and graphics, including individual point verification, control loop operation of each controlled device, and documentation of verification.
15% Prepare various reports including, but not limited to, daily documentation of work performed/completed, and outstanding on all assigned projects including notes, memo’s emails and documented conversations with persons; weekly contractor & subcontractor activity and job status.
· The Temperature Control Technician has direct supervision over the Pasco field technicians. Supervisory responsibilities include managing Pasco technicians by encouraging, motivating, coaching, and counseling employees to maintain a high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
· Planning, scheduling, and assigning field work; checking and approving work; instructing and training in work methods; and conducting field performance appraisals with technician and subcontractor work.
· Associate’s degree in electrical engineering, HVAC or related field; or 5 years experience related to the installation, maintenance, and servicing of commercial air conditioning, heating, humidification, and control equipment and systems including heat pumps, chillers,cooling towers, rooftop packed systems, boilers, pumps and fans.
· Direct Digital, Computer Controlled, and Building Management Systems experiencerequired.
· Valid NY State driver’s license is required to travel to project sites.
· 2 years prior supervisory and 4 years project management experience required
· Ability to use a computer and related software applications to send/receive e+mail messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet, and perform basic word processing or data entry.
· Ability to interact professionally with internal and external (customers, vendors, suppliers, etc).
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
· Ability to troubleshoot HVAC and Controls related problems.
· Ability to complete assigned work on time and accurately.
· Must be able to follow up on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work overtime with little or no notice and be on+call before/after normal business hours.
To Apply, Click Here!