Hoshizaki bin switch

Hoshizaki bin switch

Never been a big fan of Hoshizaki ice machines. I'm stuck working on one anyway. The bin sensor has gone bad. Has anyone had any luck using another type of cold control or digital refrigeration stat. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks
    Helgy

The bin thermostat is a common failure on a Hoshizaki. In my experience it's usually due to loss of charge caused by corrosion at the sensing bulb.

I often use a Ranco A22-1129 which is a generic ice bin level control with range of 35-41 Deg F and a fixed differential of 6 Deg F. The only problem I run into using these is the Ranco cap tube is a bit shorter than the Hoshi.

bin control

Ok I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help.
    Helgy

My Hoshi supplier started giving me the Ranco at the Hoshi price. Once I had the Ranco number I just started buying them and Johnstone.

One thing to be aware of is that the Hoshi sensors were pre-calibrated at the factory, the Ranco is not. The first one I installed I didn't adjust and the customer called back a few days later and said they noticed the machine never seemed to stop. They took the front panel off the machine and the plastic evap cover shot off and ice went everywhere. The machine had filled to the very top.

the Ranco are a lifesaver...and very durable...i keep one on my truck all the time

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    The bin thermostat is a common failure on a Hoshizaki. In my experience it's usually due to loss of charge caused by corrosion at the sensing bulb.
    I beg to differ. The loss of charge is normally caused by the cooks and waitstaff hacking away at the ice with the scoop or a paddle.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I beg to differ. The loss of charge is normally caused by the cooks and waitstaff hacking away at the ice with the scoop or a paddle.
    thats funny, but true!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

The newest Hoshi bin stat has a heavier cap tube and the holder has a latex tube to protect the junction of the bulb and cap tube. This junction is where I've found 90% of the breaks caused by falling ice hitting the stat. The Ranco control is fine but, up here, costs more than the Hoshi stat.