Decorative Fireplace conversion help?

I currently have a Marco MFG, INC P/N 188243 Model # 794032. It runs of gas, and is just a joke. Why anyone buys a decorative fireplace is beyond me. Jokes aside, I need to convert this to a gas fireplace, as all the lines etc are there, to heat the living room.
    Can someone suggest a way to do this? A contractor within Goose Creek (Charleston area) South Carolina.
    Thanks

If this is an open hearth woodburning fireplace you want to convert to gas, understand it will still be inefficient with gas logs only worse. Consider replacing the entire fireplace with a gas direct vent, which will heat that room most likely along with some of the rest of your house and function as a backup heat source during a power outage.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    If this is an open hearth woodburning fireplace you want to convert to gas, understand it will still be inefficient with gas logs only worse. Consider replacing the entire fireplace with a gas direct vent, which will heat that room most likely along with some of the rest of your house and function as a backup heat source during a power outage.
    This fireplace is a gas log fireplace behind glass. It literally is so weak you can put your hand on the glass and not get burnt.
    I am hoping I can get someone to replace the insert fireplace with a new one to actually heat up the house. We have a 100 gallon gas tank already filled, but there is no reason to light it up as this thing is pathetic.

As stated, you need to replace with a direct vent insert.
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by talktowags View Post
    As stated, you need to replace with a direct vent insert.
    Is this DIY or just leave it to the pros?

Cool

Contact FireSide Hearth & Home in north Charleston. Not a DIY project at all!
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Contact FireSide Hearth & Home in north Charleston. Not a DIY project at all!
    Good luck!
    Thanks, Will call first thing in the morning.