Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    James 3528 give me some information on the energy recovery unit, never seen one of those.

I like the idea of the bottom element like OTTO said but not sure how to do that:

contactor with a line voltage 120v coil and a cheap timer to break the coil? wouldn't that make a ton of noise?

What sort of sprinkler timer would you use murphy2k?

good replies - thanks!

Citywide.

"I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

ahh,
    doen't you run a dedicated line with a subpanel for that and your electric company puts a separate meter with a clock that they control, for off peak..??.

Well that's how it's done here !

PJS,

Nope! nuthin like that here...just use what ya want and we charge ya out the yin-yang!

Figured since the heater sits most of the day it would be good to not have it come on so much while no one is at the house, if wrapped it should hold enough heat to get back to temp in an hour before we get home or get up in the AM I would think.

Just never lived in an all electric home before and I am trying to save as much energy as possible.

I have already changed out all the light bulbs I can with the compact florescent ones; had to get used to it at first but not too bad now.

Next thing is to put tint on my south facing windows in the front room...not so good in the winter but ok in the summer besides the glare interfeers with my 65" bigscreen picture so gotta go!

Any other ideas on saving energy along these lines?

Thought about a thermosatically controlled gable fan to exhaust hot attic air, what are your thoughts on the subject?

Citywide.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12