florida journeyman

Angry

Ok guys and girls..... I could really use some help. I need to find out how to and were to get a florida HVAC journeymans license. I have been triing now for about 2 weeks to find out info and keep coming up with zip. Now florida is a right to work state so do they not have one? Could you please help?

You can try ....Florida

I'm just a student in Florida...but In Brevard County Im under the impression that you get the journeymans license and test at the same place you get your contractors permits...E-mail me and I'll send you the phone number for the construction apprentice program at Brevard Community College...they should know more details.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

I believe they are issued by the county.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by frozensolid
    I believe they are issued by the county.
    Frozen is right. In Florida, the journeyman card is issued, and tested with in each county.
    Call any Florida county building dept and ask for info on their journeyman test for ac.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Most counties do not issue or require journey mans cards .If yiou are employeed you work under the qualifier conractors license.

Duval County and some near Miami require journey mens card.

Where do you plan on working,employee or selfemployeed??

Wink thanks to all

Thank you to all who replied. I finaly got the answers that I needed and found that in Broward county they do requier a Journeymans card even if you work under a licensed contracter and that it is issued throught the building department

Thumbs up Journeyman's Ticket

I just moved to Brevard County, Googled and came to the site where I should have gone first!
    Thanks, guys!
    '
    coolst

I to want my journeyman's card, I have about 5 yrs in the field in Dade County. but have been away for a long time up north. I have passed the Kentucky journeyman's test in May of 2012 and my test is good for 2 yrs. but Kentucky will not give me my card, because all my experience is from out of state! I'm wanting to move back to Florida. and was told by a friend that Florida will accept my test for my card?