+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honeywell True Steam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Honeywell True Steam

hey guys,
    So over here in southwestern ontario we pushed the honeywell true steam humidifiers. They were great until about 2 years later. We have installed maybe 50. And i am serious when i tell you we have replaced 90% of the water sensors. Customer calls regarding the fault code, you get there, remove the sensor and find it cracked all over the place.
    Next issue is the tank with the heating element. Over time it turns a light gray and cracks. I've been told its our water over here, so id like to hear some other insight.

Honeywell has given us the go ahead to replace the water sensors under warranty if ANY issues come about.

We have now given our customers to option of us replacing their existing true steams with honeywells true ease at no charge.

Post Likes
    The true steams are junk, your not the only one who has experienced that. The distributers around here are constantly trying to get rid of them because no one wants them. Steam humidifiers are awesome when they work but the true steam seems to cause way more trouble then most.
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Post Likes
    It's not the water same problems with them in Ohio. I have noticed though that Honeywell has changed the plastic on the water level sensor, we'll see how long they last.

Post Likes
    Same here in VA. Changing them out due to cracking plastic at the terminals. Looks like a different plastic compound.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    same in MD. ive replaced every one ive installed EXCEPT for 1 job. they are going on 3 years old. its a brand new house. they have a well with a maintained water filtration system. but ive replaced whole units, solenoids, sensors,.....they are junk and wish i never sold them. use the aprilaire 800. those are AWESOME!

Post Likes
    The company I work for requires that the home owner have or install a water softener or filtration system before we will but in a true steam. I have tried to clean that build up off and have had no luck.

Post Likes
    Installed first true steam in 2009 kit came with canister filter for water (junk). Kit had no high temp drain hose made trip to get raidiator hose water level sensor went out 3 months later. Called honeywell with scaling and sensor problems they had no complaints HA HA. New kits come with high temp drain hose and no canister water filter does have a water test kit and for more $$$ you can get the proper filter kit. Also yes tanks will discolor from heat the more they heat .

Post Likes
    we replace plenty of water sensors also .honeywell says the have reformulated the plastic that they are made of .

Post Likes
    honeywell is FULL OF ????....i will never installed another truesteam. they should be called truehell. for everyone here that installs steam humidifiers start buying the aprilaire 800 and installing those.

Post Likes
    hi guys , this is my first post
    we are in ontario, anytime we have a problem with true steam, Honeywell blames us for installing one that was too small for the house. BUT they also give us a bigger one for free. this time they offered me a new 300 model , never seen one but Im taking it , aparently it is a 18 gallon model

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in