+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comfort Advisor

Post Likes
    I retired from the Air Force as a radiology technologist last year and am pursing my HVAR Associates. Would rather dig a ditch in a cold rain than work in a hospital again. I just love fixing stuff!!!! Always have. I'm fairly competent at construction, plumbing, and electrical, so I decided to learn HVAR just because I know little about it. I'm only in my first semester and I received a call from a HVAR franchise owner last PM wanting to set up an interview. He was greatly impressed with my resume, which had little to do with the trades. He said he had 65 resumes and called three of us for a "Comfort Advisor" position. I told him that I was hesitant to interview because of my lack of training...but that didn't seem to matter. He said the franchise has it own training program located right here in St Louis. It’s nice to see that people respect the training, dedication, and discipline of prior service personnel. What should I be asking about in the interview and what should I expect?

thx

Bob

Post Likes
    As one with mechanical apptitude, the less you know (about the position) the better. You must be a good listener and be able to make folks feel at ease. Customers will respect your service to our country. Consider "USAF Retired" on your business cards should you hire on. I have 4 years in the industry now as a "Comfort Consultant",
    "Sales-Engineer", whatever the title, it has been very rewarding and I have risen to the top of the ranks, working for the oldest outfit in town in the biggest HVAC market in the desert southwest. I really get the feeling you will do great as well.

What to expect? It's hard to say how a first interview will go but I think you'll fly through it. ( ha! Get it?) Good luck and let's hear how it goes. I can honestly say that I really love what I do and it pays really well also. (Just an added bonus)

Cheers,

Charlie

Post Likes

Who is it?

I see you're in Illinois.... Anywhere near Chicago?

Oh, BTW, I think you should go for it. Sounds like a squared-away co.
    WHY?

Post Likes

Wink

Thz for the input....15 minutes from St. Louis in Belleville Illinois.

Post Likes
    We have stores in St. Louis and Belleville. What , if you do not mind, is the name of the firm ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    rvokes,

Is it Airtime 500? If so search the name on this site before you jump in.

Post Likes
    Oh, boy, here we go again.

So what if it's AT500? It's a job, isn't it?
    WHY?

Post Likes
    1 Hour Heating. What salary should I be looking for to start?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Most HVAC sales jobs, at least here in the west pay anywhere for 7 to 10% of the gross. Beware of the contractor who has a laundry list of things they will back-charge for. Consider what you made in the AF and then ask what kind of sales gross history you can base your decision on. It's scary at first, and if your not cut out for sales, ie: asking for money, asking for the sale, overcoming objections, you'll find out pretty quick but what the heck. Just make sure you give it enough time as some of the best comfort consultants I have met took a little bit to get rolling.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rvokes
    1 Hour Heating.
    Great. You just started a war, rvokes. For the most part they're a squared-away outfit. Now, most folks on this forum are, for some unexplainable reason, absolutely against One Hour Heating. But don't listen to them 'cause not a single one of them has worked for One hour. So how would they know? What I recommend is give 'em a shot & then make a judgement call for yourself.
    WHY?

Post Likes
    eek...ouch...sorry.

Post Likes
    That's alright, you didn't know. One Hour pays their comfort advisors on straight commission.
    WHY?

Post Likes
    straight commmision for get that crap

Post Likes
    Originally posted by outside rep

ditto i smell a scam
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Post Likes
    Hey....Straight commission is an awesome living for those with the guts to try it. Yes you have to save your nutts for the lean times but over the period of a year I make lots more than if I were working on a salary. It also makes the job more fun in my eyes. But listen, it's not for everyone. Techs are usually on a salary or hourly and some of them get to sell on the side. If they make the sale it's just a bonus. They are also the ones who don't like the only comish idea because the salary is their main income and safety net. Me, sales is all I do and I wouldn't have it any other way. And please, no offense to the techs out there. I am only trying to explain the positive side to commissioned sales. Your first interview will tell you a lot. What have you got to loose? Let me know how you do.

Cheers,

Charlie

Post Likes

Funny....

Originally posted by outside rep
    The only salesmen that say that are those that aren't too good at selling.

Seriously, One Hour isn't the only co. that pays straight commission. How about realty co.'s?
    WHY?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in