+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Static Pressure

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    Static pressure can be too low in my opinion. Take for example a direct drive blower. If you run it alone with no duct it will over amp and over heat.You cover part of the intake to add static pressure and it works fine.But how low is too low? Im shure there are alot more opinions than mine.Does someone know the minimum?

He has a VS ECM blower, so it doesn't work like your description of a PC blower.

His Infinity control could also be reporting the static pressure lower then it is.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    He has a VS ECM blower, so it doesn't work like your description of a PC blower.

His Infinity control could also be reporting the static pressure lower then it is.
    K I meant to ask that. So with the ECM it doesnt need and duct static? And thanks for acknowlaging my suggestion. Nice to see some here have respect.

Post Likes
    beenthere, how is control actually capturing that data? Have you known a particular % of full scale that my be incorrect? I'm not to familiar with this control. He did state it was 32 outside. Not knowing the number of total supply diffusers, it just seems very low once we look at the possible number of supplies in the house divided by that five hundred.
    Always here

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    Did you think to take an amp reading? The reason I ask is I would like to know if that low will cause over amp condition like I described in my previous post. If you are called back to a blower motor failure you know what caused it. Was it a ECM?

Yes and it wasn't over amping. It could overamp if the motor was older I would imagine. This system was abut 4 years old.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    beenthere, how is control actually capturing that data? Have you known a particular % of full scale that my be incorrect? I'm not to familiar with this control. He did state it was 32 outside. Not knowing the number of total supply diffusers, it just seems very low once we look at the possible number of supplies in the house divided by that five hundred.
    Are you asking how the Infinity controller is calculating the static/CFM?

Post Likes
    The VS motor Carrier uses is a communicating motor(it communicates with the infinity control). They use to use the 2.5 version, but now are using the 3.0 version.

It won't always read the same as a manometer will. but that is mainly from placement of the static probe, from the few that i have checked.

But I wouldn't rely on it only, if you ant to know how much air the system is actually moving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in