Trane gas furnace problems

I have a trane XL 80 gas furnace. sometimes when the furnace reaches setpoint everything shut down all at once. The Burners dont shut off followed by the fan shutting off after it gets rid of the excess heat... what im getting at is EVERYTHING shuts down at the sametime but this issue occurs very intermitently

Exclamation need to register

skidoox800, This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post advice here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. Please see my signature line for links to register and review the AOP Forum Rules. Thank you. Your post will now be deleted. Ditto for your other post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
    I have a trane XL 80 gas furnace. sometimes when the furnace reaches setpoint everything shut down all at once. The Burners dont shut off followed by the fan shutting off after it gets rid of the excess heat... what im getting at is EVERYTHING shuts down at the sametime but this issue occurs very intermitently
    So are you saying the blower along with the burners shut off at the end of a call for heat? In other words if the furnace is running and you go turn down the stat the blower and fan shut off instantly?

Do you have a full model number?

I re read your post and noticed that it is intermittent. Incoming power problems comes to mind.

To diagnose it would mean opening it up and measuring voltage with it running.

I would suggest calling a pro who has the training and tools to do it safely.

Check out our contractor locator map to search for someone in your area.