+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: screwdrivers

Post Likes
    What do you mean with not fully adjustable? You adjust and then you close tight with your hand grip. It adjusts to any size, no slippage. My favored size is model 8605150 and 8605250. You will ask yourself why those are not the standard in our industry.

Post Likes
    Oh, I just meant that a regular adjustable can be thumbed down tight against a nut, whereas these adjust more like channel locks. I guess I just wondered if the fact that closing with your hand makes it clamp down tighter, that it might not line up perfectly flat, but no worries there sounds like. I'd love to try a set.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jw-lu597 View Post
    Oh, I just meant that a regular adjustable can be thumbed down tight against a nut, whereas these adjust more like channel locks. I guess I just wondered if the fact that closing with your hand makes it clamp down tighter, that it might not line up perfectly flat, but no worries there sounds like. I'd love to try a set.
    The jaws remain completely parallel with each other at all times, and the compound lever action when you squeeze the handles makes their grip on the fastener many times more secure than a standard adjustable wrench.

Post Likes
    I'm kind of psyched about buying a set now. Seems like a tool that I'd use all the time once I had it. I would have to get the ergo grip on them -- seems to make a huge difference with the cobras, for me anyway.

Post Likes
    Yep you guys talked me into it too...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jw-lu597 View Post
    I'm kind of psyched about buying a set now. Seems like a tool that I'd use all the time once I had it. I would have to get the ergo grip on them -- seems to make a huge difference with the cobras, for me anyway.
    have had the 7 1/2 and 10" pair for about a year and a half now and use em all the time. still carry a regular adjustable in my veto lc though, some times the angle on the knipex's make it difficult to get to certain things in tight spots.

my favorite thing to use the knipex for: rounding out crimped/bent refrigerant tubing!!!
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AC5096 View Post
    I'm a Wiha fan, still use my Kleins for prybars and chisels.
    Yup
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Post Likes
    I want to stick with made in USA hand tools, but the noticeable decline in quality is driving me away.
    I have been migrating to German made tools because the quality is generally better, and they often have innovative features that improve their usability, without distracting from their most basic function.

I don't lose tools, so am willing to pay a premium for quality tools that make my job easier, and/or are more comfortable to use.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I want to stick with made in USA hand tools, but the noticeable decline in quality is driving me away.
    I have been migrating to German made tools because the quality is generally better, and they often have innovative features that improve their usability, without distracting from their most basic function.

I don't lose tools, so am willing to pay a premium for quality tools that make my job easier, and/or are more comfortable to use.
    Mark, every word you said is exactly how I feel. Especially the part about losing tools -- I'm OCD about not losing/misusing my tools, although they do get pretty dirty and broken in. The design of my Veto LC bag seems to cut down on loose tools, too.

Post Likes
    The problem with having all the same brand imo, particularly klein and kera, is that their handles are all the same and once the end is faded you have no way of telling which is which. (Particularly in Canada where we use robertson as well). All of my screwdrivers have different shaped/coloured handles so when they are in my tool bag I can identify them easier.

Post Likes
    I like the kline 11 in 1 hvac screwdriver, most versitle tool in my veto

Post Likes
    I have Klein, so far they are working great, and if you loose one just go to the orange square and replace it, how easy is that ?
    Online i saw Felo screwdrivers, with a yellow and black handle, made in germany, chrome molibdenum steel bla bla bla....well, they are the most beautifull screwdriver i have ever seen, unfortunately i have already made my purchase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in