screwdrivers - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: screwdrivers

I got tired of Klein screwdrivers wearing out, so I tried Pratr-Read made in USA tools, and have been very happy with them.

The engineering and features of some of the German brands has gotten beyond tempting though, so I'm looking at ordering a few more German made tools.

I got the Knipex bug some time ago, which got me to investigating other German made hand tools.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Bahco adjustable wrench. They sell them at United refrigeration as NRP but still say Bahco on them.

Such as this
    http://www.toolsdelivered.com/Bahco-...-Standard-Grip
    I use very seldom an adjustable wrench, I use instead the Knipex Pliers Wrenches. So much quicker.
    http://www.knipex.com/index.php?id=1...8&groupID=1500

So far I really like Weras.

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    I use very seldom an adjustable wrench, I use instead the Knipex Pliers Wrenches. So much quicker.
    I have a pair of those. I highly recommend them. They grip nice and tight on the nut and don't slip.

I like Vaco Bulldrivers and Snap-On tri grips

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335624530.002932.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  46.6 KB

A shot of the Snap-On tri grip for those who have not seen one.

Best screwdrivers ever! They give a lot of torque. Unfortunately , they have went to a square grip now but the steel is still great.

Pic courtesy of smart phone with tapatalk app , just had to try it out.

Just bought a set of Wera's. They say made in the Republic of Czech. Looks like Germany is outsourcing. I do like them though but it's a little hard to try to figure out what size you're ordering when they're all in metric. Maybe they should come out with a chart to tell you which driver replaces the Klein one. I got the new, longer 11-in-1 Klein and it's quite evident where it's made. One of the bits won't fit in the tool when it's reversed
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tostaos View Post
    I've been interested in those. Lots of people rave about those in reviews. Do you find that you run into a lot of in between sizes where it doesn't grip tight enough? That's my only concern with them, since they're not truly a fully adjustable, and they're made in the land of metrics.

What do you mean with not fully adjustable? You adjust and then you close tight with your hand grip. It adjusts to any size, no slippage. My favored size is model 8605150 and 8605250. You will ask yourself why those are not the standard in our industry.

Oh, I just meant that a regular adjustable can be thumbed down tight against a nut, whereas these adjust more like channel locks. I guess I just wondered if the fact that closing with your hand makes it clamp down tighter, that it might not line up perfectly flat, but no worries there sounds like. I'd love to try a set.

Quote Originally Posted by jw-lu597 View Post
    Oh, I just meant that a regular adjustable can be thumbed down tight against a nut, whereas these adjust more like channel locks. I guess I just wondered if the fact that closing with your hand makes it clamp down tighter, that it might not line up perfectly flat, but no worries there sounds like. I'd love to try a set.
    The jaws remain completely parallel with each other at all times, and the compound lever action when you squeeze the handles makes their grip on the fastener many times more secure than a standard adjustable wrench.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I'm kind of psyched about buying a set now. Seems like a tool that I'd use all the time once I had it. I would have to get the ergo grip on them -- seems to make a huge difference with the cobras, for me anyway.

Yep you guys talked me into it too...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast