Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: screwdrivers

what set did you buy and where at

I bought the lasertip set and some random chiseldrivers and insulated drivers. Got them from chadstoolbox.com

Review Update

Sorry I haven't checked back in guys, the holidays have been crazy. So far I have about equal time on both sets and I prefer the wiha's. The grip on the wera's is just not as comfortable to me. They grip fasteners about equally from what I have seen, but keep in mind these are the chisel drivers. I have abused these drivers to the point of being ridiculous and they show almost no wear. I would say that if you are trying to decide, order 1 of each and see which grip works for you.
    Last edited by hedtedjr; 01-02-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Clarification

+1 on the Wera lasertip drivers... Klein screwdrivers bend and twist to easy... At least the new ones. I have older drivers which were made much better.

Do most of you use the insulated screwdrivers? Right now I just have non-insulated, but I have been thinking heavily about getting the insulated ones since I work on 460V stuff quite a bit. The only thing I dont like about the insulated screwdrivers is they seem to only come in longer shaft sizes. Wiha and Wera only show 6" shaft for their 1/4" slotted. I'm use to using the 4" kleins. I will have to re-arrrange my veto if I get longer ones.

I had my truck broken into and lost about $5,000.00 worth of tools so I had to replace almost everything quickly.
    Fortunately they didn't get my Wiha insulated drivers or my Snap-On.

I just replaced all my Klein and left it at that.

As far as multi bit divers go I like the Lennox 9-1 over the Klein due to the 5/16 nut driver being much more rugged than the flimsy Klein.

SK makes a set that i used for a long time, i love those things. but w/ the veto, its not practical because screw driver sets take up too much space.

now i keep a klein 11-1 (shrader remover model), pic quik multi (longer bits for deep, hard to get screws) and pic quik stubby, a large flat head and phillips. thats it, does the trick.
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Kline tools are the way to go. I like going home to see my family and I like my tech to see his also as I require he have Kline hand tools and Fluke test equipment. I also require all refrigeration hoses be replaced every six months at a minimum or when they are damaged.

I just bought 2 Wera lazertips. #2 Phillips and flat head. So far I like them. The lazer tip grips extremely well. Might take a day or two to get use to the handles, but they do fit in my hand nicely. My choice was between the Weras and Wiha. I went with the Wera because of the lazertips. Only time will tell if i made the right choice.

For those of you who already have them, how well do the tips hold up as far as longevity?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjaywhitaker View Post
    Kline tools are the way to go. I like going home to see my family and I like my tech to see his also as I require he have Kline hand tools and Fluke test equipment. I also require all refrigeration hoses be replaced every six months at a minimum or when they are damaged.
    I'll buy your old ones. I replace mine every ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by AC5096 View Post
    have mine for years, great stuff

Kline, I guess I am old fashion. Pops'

Just picked up some of the were laser tips, so far im impressed, but only time will tell

Heres a short clip of the laser tips for anyone interested
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU5Xv...eature=mh_lolz

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast