Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: screwdrivers

+1 for Wiha. The best phillips I've ever owned. The flats are great screwdrivers, now use my larger Kliens for prybars too.
    Nos operor non pensio volutabrum

Quote Originally Posted by AC5096 View Post
    I'd bet, I haven't lost no more than 4 tools in the last 30 years. Take that back, just lost a cheapo G&B fishtape recently.

I lost an 8" Proto Clikstop adjustable or thought I did.

It hapened to turn up one day in a plumbers tool bucket. When he broke for lunch I retrieved my wrench. Hell, he never missed it.
    That stuff really staems me! Should have emptied a tube of silicon caulk in that bucket!I was taught a lesson my first year in the trade.Bought my first battery drill,remember the small 9.6-v makita drills with non-replaceable battery that you just plugged in the charger to the handle?Any way I took my drill around a wall in a basement and went to retrive my ladder, walked straight back around the wall and it was gone!didnt take more than a few seconds to get the ladder but that was all it took for a thief.Never saw it again.I assumed it was a laborer with another co. but couldnt prove it.If I find a tool on a jobsite I either find the owner or turn it in to the gen contr. superintendant. Then if owner cant be found its mine.I always tell my workers dont steal! If I catch you I will call police and fire you on the spot!Thats the worst thing that you can do on a job is steal from anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    That stuff really staems me! Should have emptied a tube of silicon caulk in that bucket!I was taught a lesson my first year in the trade.Bought my first battery drill,remember the small 9.6-v makita drills with non-replaceable battery that you just plugged in the charger to the handle?Any way I took my drill around a wall in a basement and went to retrive my ladder, walked straight back around the wall and it was gone!didnt take more than a few seconds to get the ladder but that was all it took for a thief.Never saw it again.I assumed it was a laborer with another co. but couldnt prove it.If I find a tool on a jobsite I either find the owner or turn it in to the gen contr. superintendant. Then if owner cant be found its mine.I always tell my workers dont steal! If I catch you I will call police and fire you on the spot!Thats the worst thing that you can do on a job is steal from anyone!
    I worked with him (the plumber) for 23 years. Pretty decent guy overall, was always willing to lend a hand. He just had a reputation for picking up toiols.
    Maybe he was getting back at me for super glueing his tools to his work bench.

Xcelite square blade screwdrivers.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Has anybody picked up the Kobalt ratcheting screwdriver that Lowes advertises? I have recently bought a few Kobalt tools and they are pretty good quality. I'm thinking about getting the screwdriver, looks pretty slick.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I would buy klein or greenlee...... do they still sell the regular klein screwdrivers..... I remember a while back seeing that everyone was changing to those pro klein screwdrivers......think they have an all black handle......

I use a cheap 3.00 six in one most of the time. Gotta buy another one soon cause I lost one of the bits for it.....and while I have a bag full of bits for those type scredrivers they are all the slotted type and not the phillips type like I need.......lol

The screwdriver that I use more than any other is a 1/16th inch craftsman screwdriver that I found above a ceiling..... its the greatest control screwdriver I have ever seen..... I went to sears a while back to buy some similar ones but with a bit bigger blade size and what they sell now is cheap junk.

I have a question for you hedtedjr. How do you like your wera chiseldrivers. Where id you get them from. I am stuck between insulated or chisel drivers

I use the Husky clear handled 6 in 1's the HoDePo sells. I buy them in pairs and they last about 9 months before I wear out the 5/16ths bore. The nice thing about having a matching set is you can mate them and get a long shank screwdriver/nutdriver when needed. And at 6 bills each it isn't a budget buster if you leave one in a patient.....

i'm a greenlee man

Are the Wiha made is usa? Or German.

I like Klein. Have used their tools for the last 10 years. For HVAC the 11-in-one tool is ultimate! Expensive stuff but make you look professional.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitta View Post
    Are the Wiha made is usa? Or German.
    Made in Alemania.

I recently bought some wera drivers. They feel great in your hand and grip screws better than any driver Ive ever used. Not very expensive either, no more than kleins at least.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast