+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: screwdrivers

Post Likes

screwdrivers

I just got the new tech veto. I am thinking of getting a new set of screwdrivers. Does everone still think klein is the way to go. What about the klein journeyman???

Post Likes

Wera vs Wiha

I was just at the same point myself. Ordered a set of chisel drivers from each manufacturer. I will post back once they get some time on them. 1 thing is for sure though, these things are built like tanks.

Post Likes
    Yes Klein. MADE IN USA!!
    I like the original cushion grip
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Yes I agree Klien is problably the best but also usually the most expensive. Craftsman make good screwdrivers as do Stanly. Stanly also has a design similar to the klien cushion grip,it even looks close to the same and is a little cheaper. Just giving you some ideas if you dont want to spen alot.But klien is my choice as evinenced by my choice of tool bags.

Post Likes
    I got my veto.I have a history of losing tools. I am hoping veto eliminates this. Someone could have some nice tools following me up and down roof hatches.

Post Likes
    I'm a Wiha fan, still use my Kleins for prybars and chisels.

Post Likes
    what set do you have

Post Likes
    When I first started I was all about Klein... then I lost them... about 2-3 times...

Now I buy whatever feels good and works well and I don't care if it will be crap in 1-2 years, cuz I will probably leave it up on a ceiling tile or inside a roof top unit before then.

I take that back I still have one faithful, useful and CHEAP Klein 11-in-1... I usually have 2 or 3 of these on-hand around the house/office/truck.

Post Likes
    The 5 piece set #32091

Have duplicates of #2 phillips, 3.0 & 4.5 slotted.

Post Likes
    what set did you get from wera

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    I got my veto.I have a history of losing tools. I am hoping veto eliminates this. Someone could have some nice tools following me up and down roof hatches.
    I was the same way till I got my Klien tool tote.Before I would just use an old belt pouch or the cheap plastic boxes. I broke down and bought the klien bag while at home depot and since I havnt lost any tools! Cany believe how that bag has helped.I can see most every thing at a glance and know when somethng is out of place or missing.I was the worst loosing tools.Ill bet ive lost well over $1,000.00 on klien linesman pliers alone.Its really nice with my tools being organized. It makes for alot easier work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    what set did you get from wera
    This one.

http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-32091-100...3262200&sr=8-4

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    I was the same way till I got my Klien tool tote.Before I would just use an old belt pouch or the cheap plastic boxes. I broke down and bought the klien bag while at home depot and since I havnt lost any tools! Cany believe how that bag has helped.I can see most every thing at a glance and know when somethng is out of place or missing.I was the worst loosing tools.Ill bet ive lost well over $1,000.00 on klien linesman pliers alone.Its really nice with my tools being organized. It makes for alot easier work.
    I'd bet, I haven't lost no more than 4 tools in the last 30 years. Take that back, just lost a cheapo G&B fishtape recently.

I lost an 8" Proto Clikstop adjustable or thought I did.

It hapened to turn up one day in a plumbers tool bucket. When he broke for lunch I retrieved my wrench. Hell, he never missed it.

Post Likes
    +1 for Wiha. The best phillips I've ever owned. The flats are great screwdrivers, now use my larger Kliens for prybars too.
    Nos operor non pensio volutabrum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AC5096 View Post
    I'd bet, I haven't lost no more than 4 tools in the last 30 years. Take that back, just lost a cheapo G&B fishtape recently.

I lost an 8" Proto Clikstop adjustable or thought I did.

It hapened to turn up one day in a plumbers tool bucket. When he broke for lunch I retrieved my wrench. Hell, he never missed it.
    That stuff really staems me! Should have emptied a tube of silicon caulk in that bucket!I was taught a lesson my first year in the trade.Bought my first battery drill,remember the small 9.6-v makita drills with non-replaceable battery that you just plugged in the charger to the handle?Any way I took my drill around a wall in a basement and went to retrive my ladder, walked straight back around the wall and it was gone!didnt take more than a few seconds to get the ladder but that was all it took for a thief.Never saw it again.I assumed it was a laborer with another co. but couldnt prove it.If I find a tool on a jobsite I either find the owner or turn it in to the gen contr. superintendant. Then if owner cant be found its mine.I always tell my workers dont steal! If I catch you I will call police and fire you on the spot!Thats the worst thing that you can do on a job is steal from anyone!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stickinit2thman View Post
    That stuff really staems me! Should have emptied a tube of silicon caulk in that bucket!I was taught a lesson my first year in the trade.Bought my first battery drill,remember the small 9.6-v makita drills with non-replaceable battery that you just plugged in the charger to the handle?Any way I took my drill around a wall in a basement and went to retrive my ladder, walked straight back around the wall and it was gone!didnt take more than a few seconds to get the ladder but that was all it took for a thief.Never saw it again.I assumed it was a laborer with another co. but couldnt prove it.If I find a tool on a jobsite I either find the owner or turn it in to the gen contr. superintendant. Then if owner cant be found its mine.I always tell my workers dont steal! If I catch you I will call police and fire you on the spot!Thats the worst thing that you can do on a job is steal from anyone!
    I worked with him (the plumber) for 23 years. Pretty decent guy overall, was always willing to lend a hand. He just had a reputation for picking up toiols.
    Maybe he was getting back at me for super glueing his tools to his work bench.

Post Likes
    Xcelite square blade screwdrivers.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org

Post Likes
    Has anybody picked up the Kobalt ratcheting screwdriver that Lowes advertises? I have recently bought a few Kobalt tools and they are pretty good quality. I'm thinking about getting the screwdriver, looks pretty slick.
    Politicians need to be changed like diapers, and for the same reason.
    Mark Twain

Post Likes
    I would buy klein or greenlee...... do they still sell the regular klein screwdrivers..... I remember a while back seeing that everyone was changing to those pro klein screwdrivers......think they have an all black handle......

I use a cheap 3.00 six in one most of the time. Gotta buy another one soon cause I lost one of the bits for it.....and while I have a bag full of bits for those type scredrivers they are all the slotted type and not the phillips type like I need.......lol

The screwdriver that I use more than any other is a 1/16th inch craftsman screwdriver that I found above a ceiling..... its the greatest control screwdriver I have ever seen..... I went to sears a while back to buy some similar ones but with a bit bigger blade size and what they sell now is cheap junk.

Post Likes
    I have a question for you hedtedjr. How do you like your wera chiseldrivers. Where id you get them from. I am stuck between insulated or chisel drivers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in