Condensing Exhaust Location

Hello all, I will be having my new Tappan Tech3 iQ Drive 97% AFUE installed within the next few days. This will be my first gas furnance as we are making the switch from oil to NG, so excited!!

My question pertains to the location allowance of the direct vent for the furnace. The gas company came out and installed my gas line / meter in the same spot where i was hoping my hired professional was going to vent the furnace. I was looking to see if any of you were familiar with Rhode Island codes, or industry standards at the least. Due to having the gas meter and windows in close proximity, I'm looking to determine where he can install the exhaust. So in sum, my question is what is the minimum "proximity" standards for condensing exhaust as far as the gas meter, ground, and windows are concerned?... Thanks guys, any insight would be greatly appreciated and will assure a smooth install if I can figure this out prior to the morning of the install...

It depends...

is it going to be 1 pipe or 2 pipe system (intake and exhaust)? Your installer should know the clearances, and if not, should know what manual to consult.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +2

2 pipe.. I understand he will know but curious for myself...

Quote Originally Posted by nguard58 View Post
    2 pipe.. I understand he will know but curious for myself...
    There are several issues to consider, is it possible to post pictures of meter location and windows?