Thread: trane/tracer

looks like the perfect gooroos to ask. I am new to trane all around only installed/started 1 varitrac sys and am about to start up 2 tracker sys i just installed with 2 more on the way. my question is does trane offer anything for refrigeration such as to monitor a cooler. I know a typical mp503 can handle up to 4 inputs. Im looking at monitoring box temp, supply temp/but can you make the software acknowledge a defrost sequence so the alarms dont go crazy?

I don’t think you will have any problems using an MP-503 to do what you are planning. You are able to use the Tracker (with your Tracker software) to make decisions about conditions required to indicate an alarm condition. Also, the MP-503 will take analog inputs.

For example, depending on your system, you could monitor box temperature with a thermister sensor. If the box temperature exceeds a setpoint for X amount of time an alarm condition will occur. If you want to get fancy, you could monitor the defrost status from a solenoid, time clock, etc (use a relay of course!)and program the tracker to ignore box temperature under these conditions

perfect thats what i wanted to hear. on another note I am planning on starting my first tracker sys tommorow which has 3 rtus w/ mp503's in each to control the economizers as a ventilator when needed. hopefully i can pick up on the programming fast enough. 1 varitrac sys is the only thing under my belt so far!