Hobart LX30H- slight leak at left and right side near bottom of door

This dishwasher has has a white crust at the bottom of the left side where it looks like it may have been leaking a little and on the right side, about the same, but I can feel steam coming out of the right side. There doesn't appear to be any gaskets, but a metal to metal seal when you close the door.... Is this normal for an older dw? Are there any adjustments to hold the door shut tighter?

Looks like magnets at the top hold the door closed.

Any advice would be helpful.....
    Thanks

Tony
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson

No door gaskets on that unit. There is a torsion bar assembly which helps close the door but that will have no effect on your leak. Check the wash arms for a split seam on the side, also make sure they are spinning and haven't got stuff jammed into the spray holes. Clean the probes that sense water and make sure there is not more than 20psi of water pressure when it is filling or rinsing. And if all else fails, adjust the leveling feet so the front of the unit sits higher than the back.....

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrldwlf View Post
    No door gaskets on that unit. There is a torsion bar assembly which helps close the door but that will have no effect on your leak. Check the wash arms for a split seam on the side, also make sure they are spinning and haven't got stuff jammed into the spray holes. Clean the probes that sense water and make sure there is not more than 20psi of water pressure when it is filling or rinsing. And if all else fails, adjust the leveling feet so the front of the unit sits higher than the back.....

Thank you for the advice....I do appreciate it...I know what to check now and why!

It was leaking worse, because there was a measuring cup jammed in the right front corner

I had an LX40H leaking once (was leaking out the door on lower right side during wash cycle), pulled my hair out trying to figure out why.. Found that the lower was arm had a crack in it.. Had to use a magnifying glass to see the crack..

and yes... no door gaskets.. Except for a strip across the top.

Thanks for all the info!

I will check for these problems when I get back there the end of this week.... getting the stuck measuring cup took care of the majority of the leakage...