Propane Gas Fireplace Sooting?

I have a Lenox gas fire place converted to propane. About the 5th use in this year is totally sooting up the interior and glass of the unit. I have had the fireplace for 7 years with NO issues. The vent is clear, the log confirgeration is correct and the air mixture is fine. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Converted from Nat gas ??? Sounds like you need a good cleaning by a pro. many things can cause sooting. 7 years you are due for a complete service.
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

sooting ?

Burning too rich. Not enough air or too much gas, plugged burners, Get someone to service it and clean it.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

It was installed as propane, not converted.
    Yes, I did first think of service but it did it about a month into having it and it was merely the air to gas mixture. I fixed that and it cleaned itself up.
    Wanted to be sure since a service call is $90.00 for the first hour just to diagnose it.
    Thanks.

Problem Solved!

It was really simple. For propane the air has to be open 100%. Mine had a rod that drops below the box for adjustment and the weight of it kept closing off the air. We opened it up and tightened down the screw so it doesn't happen again. Everything works perfect. No other issues or problems just a good vaccuming out of all the soot.

yep that will do it. If you have problems with the flame lifting off the burner you could have it open it too much, this is rarely a problem. your owners manual should tell you were to set the air shutter.