Honeywell Prestige 2.0

I currently have an IAQ running a heat pump system. The options for locking out the compressor is 25 or 30. I really want to lock out the compressor at 28. My question is, does the prestige have a better selection of temps in the lockout functions?

What is the exact model number of the stat you have currently?
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    What is the exact model number of the stat you have currently?
    Honeywell THM5421C 4heat/2cool

honestly, I wouldn't expect much of a savings in a 3* lockout difference.

Atleast not for the cost of the prestige 2.0.

We had a prestige 2.0 class 2 weeks ago though. I seem to remember 5* increments, although I may be wrong.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    honestly, I wouldn't expect much of a savings in a 3* lockout difference.

Atleast not for the cost of the prestige 2.0.

We had a prestige 2.0 class 2 weeks ago though. I seem to remember 5* increments, although I may be wrong.
    Its not about cost. Its all about comfort. We do not get very many days that are that low but warmer air out of the registers would be alot more comfortable. I end up turning on the emgency heat for a while then switching it back.

So if cost of the Prestige was not an issue, you see no real advantage to a Prestige over the IQA.

Quote Originally Posted by highway View Post
    Its not about cost. Its all about comfort. We do not get very many days that are that low but warmer air out of the registers would be alot more comfortable. I end up turning on the emgency heat for a while then switching it back.

So if cost of the Prestige was not an issue, you see no real advantage to a Prestige over the IQA.
    I see no TECHNICAL advantage. Atleast not for me.
    Slightly easier to install (but not by much).

the 2.0 is more user friendly that the IAQ, and has internet hookup.
    It's awsome technology! I'm putting one in next monday (with internet), along with a complete system.

For myself, I look more at the technical side of things. I could care less if I could access stat temp from a smart phone. I don't even have texting on my phone.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted