Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    It works good now. I must have got a little crazy with the solder on the high side sensor. I can use cooper sensors now. I am still deciding whether to buy the digicool clamps.
    the clamps are sweet. if a sensor were to ever fail you could just pop a new one in

I redid my sensor wires, and just went right through the case. Now there is nothing to accidently brake off.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I've been following these postings on modifying the DC rigs. Some of you fellas must have real steady hands. When I tried to make some changes to my 1250, it went from mfr to afu in 60 seconds or less. I finally had to put my tail between my legs and send the whole mess back to Digi-Cool.

Miss Brenda was not impressed.
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by engineerdave
    I've been following these postings on modifying the DC rigs. Some of you fellas must have real steady hands. When I tried to make some changes to my 1250, it went from mfr to afu in 60 seconds or less. I finally had to put my tail between my legs and send the whole mess back to Digi-Cool.

Miss Brenda was not impressed.
    Vices, clamps, and Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery careful prior planning as well as careful measuring and proceeding Sloooooooooowly.

I spent months planning the mods I did with my AK.

What size pipe do the digicool clamps go up to

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011
    What size pipe do the digicool clamps go up to
    Not certain.

I'm thinking 1 5/8"

I have the ak900 working with my Cooper sensors. I have my digicool clamps ordered. Hopefully by the weekend Cant wait!!!!

I did the mod with the 1/8" mono jacks. I have cooper pipe straps as well as digicool clamps. I used the cooper straps and they work fine. I was charging a unit today. The clamps worked fine on 7/8 suction. I checked both clamps as well as cooper reading 54 degrees. The problem is clamps didnt deem to be working to well on the 3/8 liquid line. I tried adjusting the clamp but it didnt seem to be working that good. If I have to use straps on 3/8 thats fine. I am just looking for input . thanks

Is their a parts list for doing this mod just to make it a bit easier to collect everything i need without having to make multiple orders. If anyone has them it would be a great help to me and im sure to many others looking to make the modification. I've started making the list but everyone has done it a bit differently and i'm trying to limit the cost because i just droped the money on two set of sensors and ak900's.

I want to do it the best, highest quality way possible. Best products no junk so i don't have to remake them too often! lol

Much appreciated if someone happens to have a component list. Thanks

i bought a bag of female 1/8 jacks & male 1/8 jacks from radio shack .. dont have a p# sorry. .. theres 2 in each bag. bought the small package of heat shrink to color the ends near the jacks on the clamps & already had solder, solder iron & heat gun. cant say i like the idea of having to mod something brand new to make it user friendly but it is what it is ....

Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    Is their a parts list for doing this mod just to make it a bit easier to collect everything i need without having to make multiple orders. If anyone has them it would be a great help to me and im sure to many others looking to make the modification. I've started making the list but everyone has done it a bit differently and i'm trying to limit the cost because i just droped the money on two set of sensors and ak900's.

I want to do it the best, highest quality way possible. Best products no junk so i don't have to remake them too often! lol

Much appreciated if someone happens to have a component list. Thanks
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...1&postcount=23

I hope these pics help a little. I wish I would have taken more pics along the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showpost.ph...1&postcount=23

I hope these pics help a little. I wish I would have taken more pics along the way.
    I really appreciate your respones and link.

Digi-glitch???

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    OK, I finally got the parts ordered, the time set aside and grew the B***S to start remodeling a DRSA.

Here was the plan. Purchase a set of dual scissor clamps and some materials from Digi-key.

Chop the 4 pin connector off of the dual scissors and install individual plugs to match the original 1200 connector.

Rip the 4 pin connector out of the AK and install 2 plugs matching the 1200.

This gives me the advantage of using a single sensor if I want a single and dual sensors when I need it.

I've also got the ability to use clamps or simple probe sensors as needed or wanted for the job at hand.
    Figured I'd update you all on this one.

I noticed an interesting "glitch" with my AK-900 mod this week.

If I connect a single sensor to the top port, it can be used as either a SH/SC sensor.

If I connect a second sensor, the top sensor becomes the SC sensor.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast