Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdc View Post
    What kind of clamps are those. What model number is it. Where can I get it.
    digi-cool TS-1140. you can get them direct or from trutechtools.com ... what drsa do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    digi-cool TS-1140. you can get them direct or from trutechtools.com ... what drsa do you have?
    AK900. I just got it recently. I tried the new stretchy Velcro sensors. It's very sturdy, and pretty good to use in tight spots. I mostly do residential AC.

eh i didn't get the stretchy Velcro with mine. the one i got was horrible with just regular Velcro. the mod for these clamps is pretty easy & i actually like these clamps as far as what they are made out of.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    eh i didn't get the stretchy Velcro with mine. the one i got was horrible with just regular Velcro. the mod for these clamps is pretty easy & i actually like these clamps as far as what they are made out of.
    It looks pretty neat. Nice job. Ill try these new Velcro sensors for now. If I get tired, I'm going to try your way.

hvac wiz79

I like your setup. If I am not mistaken you can use cooper or the clamps with that. What parts did you use and where did you get them from.. Is that a 1/8" mono plug from radio shack. Thanks. Might be a good rainy weekend project

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    hvac wiz79

I like your setup. If I am not mistaken you can use cooper or the clamps with that. What parts did you use and where did you get them from.. Is that a 1/8" mono plug from radio shack. Thanks. Might be a good rainy weekend project
    thanks. yea 2 male & 2 female 1/8 jacks. used red & blue heat shrink to make it look good. I'm very pleased with the look of it as well as how it works.

I am working on the 1/8" mono plug mod. I have the female plugs installed and tried using my coopers. The ak900 is reading whatever the lowside sensor is reading. I can switch cooper sensors an they read fine. I havent used the ak900 much but it says dt. Is it that I am in the wrong mode or maybe the high side plug installed is jacked up.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011
    I am working on the 1/8" mono plug mod. I have the female plugs installed and tried using my coopers. The ak900 is reading whatever the lowside sensor is reading. I can switch cooper sensors an they read fine. I havent used the ak900 much but it says dt. Is it that I am in the wrong mode or maybe the high side plug installed is jacked up.
    A pic would go far.

FYI, you can use a single sensor with the AK. Press the MODE key to switch between SH and SC then High, Low and back.

should that dt be on the screen all the time. it has readings on both high and low side but whatever cooper sensor you have on low side that is the one that shows on both high and low side.if you have low side in ice water and high side in your hand both read 32??

Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    should that dt be on the screen all the time. it has readings on both high and low side but whatever cooper sensor you have on low side that is the one that shows on both high and low side.if you have low side in ice water and high side in your hand both read 32??
    Then you've boogered the wiring somehow.

I'm not very familiar with 1/8" mono jacks, but I recall someone mentioning a shunt contact or something like that. Maybe that is playing into this.

With 2 sensors connected, you would have the DT on screen displaying the temperature difference between them.

It works good now. I must have got a little crazy with the solder on the high side sensor. I can use cooper sensors now. I am still deciding whether to buy the digicool clamps.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast