Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Nice now you just need to drive down here and set mine that way

JP, How can you use only one sensor when needed?? OR are your referring to using the 1200?

Also Do you ever see inaccuracies with those clamps in the first pic in a high surrounding ambient?
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

looks good. that's the other thing i like about the mod i did also i can use one sensor at a time as opposed to having the other one dangle there. you didn't take pics when you had it apart?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    JP, How can you use only one sensor when needed?? OR are your referring to using the 1200?

Also Do you ever see inaccuracies with those clamps in the first pic in a high surrounding ambient?
    I KNEW that someone was going to raise this issue.

The 1250 MUST have both sensors connected or it won't read either. The AK doesn't CARE. It can have one sensor or two. It reads them at start-up and functions accordingly. Hook up one sensor and it will work like a 1200. I can switch between SH and SC normally using the MODE key. Hook up both and it works like a dual sensor model.

I haven't had the clamps long enought to notice any inaccuracies, yet, but you can be certain that I will be watching for it and TESTING for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    looks good. that's the other thing i like about the mod i did also i can use one sensor at a time as opposed to having the other one dangle there. you didn't take pics when you had it apart?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk
    The internal mods are pretty intensive. You have to pull the panel socket, obviously, cut and solder the new pins on.

You've also got to open up the hole for it and locate the new hole. The upper hole also requires cutting out a LOT of plastic.

Once I got into it, I decided not to mess with pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasg View Post
    Nice now you just need to drive down here and set mine that way
    2 hours time, less than $50 in materials from Digi-key, a Dremel and a blatant disregard for anything approaching a warranty is all ya need.

Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    I got the contact cement, 2'' aluminum sprin clamps from Harbor Freight, along with heat shrink tubing for marking one of the wires with red for the high side, and for the connections that needed to be soildered at each end of the wire. I used shring tubing instead of using electrical tape. I got the 6.5'' attenuating dubbing cable from radio shack. I got the Bernzomatic butane micro flame torch from Home Depot, it was perfect for this project. For the clamps I drilled out the center of the clamp where the temp sensor is so it could be somewhat more flush mounted instead of sticking up so high, then used the contact cement to mount in place.
    I was sitting in my recliner thinking of this exact same way of doing it, then I logged on hvac talk and saw your thread...seems easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10

Figured I'd shoot a couple pix of the unit in single sensor mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

i got pissed at my clamp being inaccurate so i smashed the thing .. saved the wire tho. debating on attempting making another sensor or just buying one ... i cant get a close up image on the digi-cool clamps to see how well they make contact. how are they ? .. i suppose if i bought the set of those i could modify it to work with my ak900 & then have an extra one in case . . . . i def dont want to spring for antother cooper clamp on because i can get 2 digis for price of 1 cooper & i havent even seen that cooper around recently anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Figured I'd shoot a couple pix of the unit in single sensor mode.
    That turned out very well. Thanks for sharing that JP..

Once those other strap type sensors become available Ill purchase the 900's to go with the 1250's..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    That turned out very well. Thanks for sharing that JP..

Once those other strap type sensors become available Ill purchase the 900's to go with the 1250's..
    Speaking to Brenda tonight, I don't think it is too far off.

Did she give a projected date? I am still waiting on the digis because I don't want to mess around with all of this

Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    i got pissed at my clamp being inaccurate so i smashed the thing .. saved the wire tho. debating on attempting making another sensor or just buying one ... i cant get a close up image on the digi-cool clamps to see how well they make contact. how are they ? .. i suppose if i bought the set of those i could modify it to work with my ak900 & then have an extra one in case . . . . i def dont want to spring for antother cooper clamp on because i can get 2 digis for price of 1 cooper & i havent even seen that cooper around recently anyway

The Digicool clamps are nice.

They are using heavy wire from the clamp handle to the plug and a lighter wire from the handle down through the clamp to the jaw.

I'll take any pictures that you want from any angle that you want me to.

I can e-mail them to you if you'd like so that you can see them with better resolution, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    Did she give a projected date? I am still waiting on the digis because I don't want to mess around with all of this
    No date, sorry. Only that they were about to put them up on the website.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast