Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 118 to 130 of 139
  1. #118
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Regina,SK
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Figured I'd update you all on this one.


    I noticed an interesting "glitch" with my AK-900 mod this week.

    If I connect a single sensor to the top port, it can be used as either a SH/SC sensor.

    If I connect a second sensor, the top sensor becomes the SC sensor.
    I actually noticed this when I was modding mine and only had one sensor connected. Thought I somehow reversed something at first LOL.

  2. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    22

    Sensor Size

    I have an AK-900. Will my AK-900 thermistors fit inside the TS-1140 clamps? Or are they different sizes? I have never seen a closeup of the sensor used inside the TS-1140 clamps.

  3. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by filiberto View Post
    I have an AK-900. Will my AK-900 thermistors fit inside the TS-1140 clamps? Or are they different sizes? I have never seen a closeup of the sensor used inside the TS-1140 clamps.
    Seems as though it's the same thermistors that ship with the ak900. Also seems extremely simple to replace just the sensor if it ever goes bad

  4. #121
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    360
    I took this idea from abcando and ran with it. I got to use it today, I really like how they work, and I like that fact that if you walk away from the unit then come back the sensors are right where you left them.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

  5. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    22
    Now I get it. Great set-up 'hvac wiz 79'. I am going to order a set of the TS-1140 clamps and copy you exactly. Looks like the best solution for the AK-900.

  6. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,381
    Quote Originally Posted by filiberto View Post
    Now I get it. Great set-up 'hvac wiz 79'. I am going to order a set of the TS-1140 clamps and copy you exactly. Looks like the best solution for the AK-900.
    Thanks. It works great so far & I'm constantly encountering guys on mall roofs who think it's made & shipped looking like the way i have it. Hell their just amazed by a digital display lol

  7. #124
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    1,141
    I ordered the 4 pin Bulgin socket and pins today for my 1250 , thank you Iceman for those numbers ( and it takes a minute to convert those to the digi-key numbers , lol ).

    When ever asked about Digicool I will be sure to mention that as an owner of one of these " you will be involved with the manufacturing process " . Shaking my head holding a piece of soft blue wire that pulled out of a crimp connector *
    facepalm.

  8. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,572

  9. #126
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    1,141
    Ok , so I'm thinking of the intro to the old tv show " The Six Million Dollar Man " ( I wont complain any more , we can rebuild this , etc. ) ....any specific advice on soldering wire to those tiny gold pins would be much appreciated. Any other specific problems with that connector ?

    The 1/8 rca jacks...I'm assuming " mono " jacks are used ( male and female ) ? Im going to search out those next ...any wire recomendations (I've constructed plenty of guitar cords in my time but they were 1/4 inch , lol ) ?

  10. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    west burb IL
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by JTCHVAC View Post
    I took this idea from abcando and ran with it. I got to use it today, I really like how they work, and I like that fact that if you walk away from the unit then come back the sensors are right where you left them.
    Great build on yours too JTC. I've used mine a few times and it's working great. Best part is you don't have to spend much to make it and no need to work on wiring or soldering and such. I noticed you used a smaller pipe for your high side sensor. Looks good!

  11. #128
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    360
    Thanks! I ended up useing 1/2 in for the high side, and 1 in for the low side. Works great, thanks for the idea.


    [B][/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by abcando View Post
    Great build on yours too JTC. I've used mine a few times and it's working great. Best part is you don't have to spend much to make it and no need to work on wiring or soldering and such. I noticed you used a smaller pipe for your high side sensor. Looks good!

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    22
    TS-1140 clamps work like a charm on the AK900.
    Thanks for your help guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a boiler room
    Posts
    7,073
    Quote Originally Posted by tech45 View Post
    I ordered the 4 pin Bulgin socket and pins today for my 1250 , thank you Iceman for those numbers ( and it takes a minute to convert those to the digi-key numbers , lol ).

    When ever asked about Digicool I will be sure to mention that as an owner of one of these " you will be involved with the manufacturing process " . Shaking my head holding a piece of soft blue wire that pulled out of a crimp connector *
    What Digikey number did you get? Itsiceman posted this number; PX0410/04S/4450

    But the closest I can find on the Digikey site is; PX0410/04S/4550

    Are they the same? I want to know for sure before I order the wrong one. My temp clamp wires have been broke at the plug for a while and I need to fix it. I was going to take the plug apart and fix it, but I can't get it apart! It looks like once it is together, you can't get it apart without breaking it.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event