+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Digi Cool sensor mod......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Straight from Digi-cool
    how long did it take to get from Canada to somewhere between raising hell & amazing Grace? .. that's the last question . . i think lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    how long did it take to get from Canada to somewhere between raising hell & amazing Grace? .. that's the last question . . i think lol
    Honestly, only a couple of days, from Canada to Western PA

Post Likes
    whats everybodys opinion of the new velco probes-price,longevity

Post Likes
    Honestly, only a couple of days, from Canada to Western PA
    just got my clamps. after looking at these i must say i did a pretty damn good job at the one i made . I'm debating on modifying it to work on the ak w/ the reg connection or the 1/8 jack .. decisions decisions

Post Likes
    just got my clamps. after looking at these i must say i did a pretty damn good job at the one i made . I'm debating on modifying it to work on the ak w/ the reg connection or the 1/8 jack .. decisions decisions
    My boss bought an AK and wound up building his own clamps and installing ballast quick connects in the lines to switch them.

Post Likes
    My boss bought an AK and wound up building his own clamps and installing ballast quick connects in the lines to switch them.
    you take pics? .. im not sure i know what a ballast quick connect is without seeing it. I'm gonna stick to 1/8 jack for now in case a clamp fails, i can use the cooper .. or if it's a tight fit i can use the cooper.

Post Likes
    http://compare.ebay.com/like/3208235...Types&var=sbar

Haven't seen his setup.

What he's using is something like this.

Post Likes
    here's the latest & I'm hoping this lasts. i have an extra probe from the original set that came with the ak. if one fails i can use it w/ the clamp. i used the color heat shrink to make life easy when plugging in. only thing i don't like is the Velcro I'm using but it's temporary. the Velcro it came with tore apart when i removed it from both

Post Likes
    is that the original wire that goes into the ak900 plug. looks good

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    is that the original wire that goes into the ak900 plug. looks good
    thanks. yea. tried to beef up the part where it comes out of the connector with heat shrink. seems tough enough.

Post Likes
    What kind of clamps are those. What model number is it. Where can I get it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdc View Post
    What kind of clamps are those. What model number is it. Where can I get it.
    digi-cool TS-1140. you can get them direct or from trutechtools.com ... what drsa do you have?

Post Likes
    digi-cool TS-1140. you can get them direct or from trutechtools.com ... what drsa do you have?
    AK900. I just got it recently. I tried the new stretchy Velcro sensors. It's very sturdy, and pretty good to use in tight spots. I mostly do residential AC.

Post Likes
    eh i didn't get the stretchy Velcro with mine. the one i got was horrible with just regular Velcro. the mod for these clamps is pretty easy & i actually like these clamps as far as what they are made out of.

Post Likes
    eh i didn't get the stretchy Velcro with mine. the one i got was horrible with just regular Velcro. the mod for these clamps is pretty easy & i actually like these clamps as far as what they are made out of.
    It looks pretty neat. Nice job. Ill try these new Velcro sensors for now. If I get tired, I'm going to try your way.

Post Likes
    hvac wiz79

I like your setup. If I am not mistaken you can use cooper or the clamps with that. What parts did you use and where did you get them from.. Is that a 1/8" mono plug from radio shack. Thanks. Might be a good rainy weekend project

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011 View Post
    hvac wiz79

I like your setup. If I am not mistaken you can use cooper or the clamps with that. What parts did you use and where did you get them from.. Is that a 1/8" mono plug from radio shack. Thanks. Might be a good rainy weekend project
    thanks. yea 2 male & 2 female 1/8 jacks. used red & blue heat shrink to make it look good. I'm very pleased with the look of it as well as how it works.

Post Likes
    I am working on the 1/8" mono plug mod. I have the female plugs installed and tried using my coopers. The ak900 is reading whatever the lowside sensor is reading. I can switch cooper sensors an they read fine. I havent used the ak900 much but it says dt. Is it that I am in the wrong mode or maybe the high side plug installed is jacked up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac17011
    I am working on the 1/8" mono plug mod. I have the female plugs installed and tried using my coopers. The ak900 is reading whatever the lowside sensor is reading. I can switch cooper sensors an they read fine. I havent used the ak900 much but it says dt. Is it that I am in the wrong mode or maybe the high side plug installed is jacked up.
    A pic would go far.

FYI, you can use a single sensor with the AK. Press the MODE key to switch between SH and SC then High, Low and back.

Post Likes
    Is it reading one or two temps?

High side and low side?

Dt is difference between them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in