I swear I have seen Trane documentation showing an MP581 on a Tracker system, but I can't find it now. Trane says a MP581 cannot go on a Tracker System (Comm 5) and I've never seen one installed or working. Has anyone tried? I only want the MP581 to run its own program and close a BO based on some AI & BI's. That one BO would be an input to the Tracker to indicate an alarm condition.

Worst case it seems the MP581 could run in standalone mode (no Comm at all) and close the one BO to indicate an alarm when it needs to.

[Edited by cxagent on 02-20-2006 at 09:20 PM]

I tried this once. The Tracker cannot talk to a mp581 but you can do your own bindings between the Tracker, mp581 and other Lon devices with Rover or any other network manager like NLutil. This will work. Trane as usual will offer no support when doing this.

mp503

sounds like you need a mp503. I beleive it has what your looking for and its smaller. runs comm5 with tracker or tracer and has 4 binary outs,24dc out, and 4 inputs

I too have tried to make the MP-581 communicate with the Tracker panel with no success. I have tried to install it as a SCC and was able to get some data at the Tracker. The data I did get, however, would not update. If I remember correctly, I had trouble with the Tracker from that point on (couldnt remove the device).

I havent tried to bind points to the tracker, and Im not sure that you could. With the Rover service the Tracker, If I recall, shows up like a BCU - there is no "plug-in" to make adjustments, and no bindngs are avail in Rover for the Tracker. I think the tracker works like a server, and keeps track of the bindings that exist in the Lon network. So much for non-propriatary!

Trane, of course, didnt make the MP580 work with the Tracker (I bet it will in the future).

Re: mp503

Originally posted by nthvac
    sounds like you need a mp503. I beleive it has what your looking for and its smaller. runs comm5 with tracker or tracer and has 4 binary outs, 24dc out, and 4 inputs
    The MP503 is exactly what we have used. And used up. A Tracker system can handle a MAXIMUM of 4 MP503s. If you need more than 16 inputs (4 inputs on each of 4 MP503s), you start having to make creative use of ZN517s and their two generic inputs.

Thanks for all of the responses. It was a long shot but I though it was asking the question of the group. Like someone says, "ain't none of us as smart as all of us".

The Tracker is a network manager (of sorts). You can do the bindings with NLutil. Create your xif files and you can see what snvts are available.