Unhappy

Winter has hit Tulsa!
    I have an Armstrong Air Ultra Tech 80 HVAC. No matter what I set the T-stat(Honeywell-mercury) to, the heat comes on at about 1-hr intervals.
    i.g. set T-stat heat at 78-degrees and the actual room temp is 40-degrees; heat doesn't come on per T-stat reading, but will come on by itself in about 1-hr intervals. When heat comes on it warms up house only a few degrees (2-4) before it cuts off.
    I've changed the T-stat to a digital one (Hunter) and still same result(I have triple checked everything with T-stat ~OK).
    My conclusion is there must be a setting on the HVAC-unit itself. Is there something I can check, or is it time to call a Pro?
    Please Help? Was a very cold weekend. Family is freezing arse off and wife is getting very grumpy!

THANK-YOU in advance!!!

Senior Tech Guest
    When was the last time you had your unit cleaned and inspected?

Now you have a problem with the unit. Fuel costs are skyrocketing.

So why not call in a professional to repair the unit? While they are there they can clean and inspect your unit to insure a safe living environment for you and your loved ones. Not to mention, having an efficient running system could save you more than the cost of the service.

What's your safety worth? I'm guessing more than the repair bill.

call a pro. something is causing heater to lock out on safety and resetting after an hour off. if house is 40 pipes freezing won't be far behind. service on heater will be cheap in comparison.

Unhappy

My house is about 2 yrs old and I haven't done anything to the HVAC. How often should the HVAC be clean/serviced?
    Haven't called the pros yet, I wounder if I can get one since it's President's day...
    So I guess the consensus is there's nothing I can check?

Thanks again!

Senior Tech Guest
    Should be serviced/cleaned seasonally, presidents day is just another work day for most of us and your take on the concensus would be correct.

No more waiting. Will call in a Pro.
    Thanks again for the prompt responses!