+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entech Chiller Microprocessor Training

Post Likes

Entech Chiller Microprocessor Training

I may have the opportunity to attend one of Entech's Centrifugal Microprocessor training classes where they cover York, Carrier, McQuay, and Trane panels.

I'm pretty comfortable with Trane's control panels, but what am really hoping to gain is a good understanding of York's Codepak and Optiview. Does this class cover those pretty well? How useful is the literature they provide? I don't work on Carriers or McQuays that often, so my focus will be on the York panels.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    I have been down there twice. I was on that particular course last Jan 2011. Those guys know there stuff. The course was excellent and they do spen a lot of time on the York panels. They run you through all of the troubleshooting and show you how to put the panel in to the diagnostic mode. They also have the new Trane panel and the software to go with it. At the time they didn't have the new carrier panel yet but I would expect they would have one know.
    For fun those guys decided to put a Optiview on a CVHE, they were the first ones in the Country to do that retrofit successfully. Also they they use MCS controls a lot, but do not train you on those panels but if you need info they are more than willing to help. IMHO, it is money well spent

Post Likes
    Awesome, that is just what I wanted to hear. It seems like a lot to cover in only 5 days. I am very interested in seeing that CVHE with Optiview...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    Awesome, that is just what I wanted to hear. It seems like a lot to cover in only 5 days. I am very interested in seeing that CVHE with Optiview...

They have lots of pics of the install, they only did it because it was an insurance job, Not customer in there right mind would pay for that expense.
    They can pop the flash card into the optiview and it boots up with a pic of the trane machine with the optiview for the graphics

Post Likes
    Probably the best course youll ever take for controls on chillers.
    To much work with too little time!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerMech Rob View Post
    I don't work on Carriers or McQuays that often, so my focus will be on the York panels.
    Yea I don't either. Lucky us.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cperk View Post
    Yea I don't either. Lucky us.
    Really...

I hope I do get a chance to go this class now... It looks like it's a little too late to make it to the next one as it starts the first week of January.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

I wanna go !!

jan 16 - 21 i think
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Entech micro processor class is mainly focused around Yorks Codepak and Optiview, Very indepth and an excellent class. You will almost need a hand truck for the book they give you.

Post Likes
    classes full and 7 on waiting list., i will not be attending
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Post Likes
    Leaving for Dallas tomorrow afternoon with one of the other guys I work with. Looking forward to this class! Got a couple of McQuay and Carrier machines I'm looking after now, too. So that means I should get even more out of this than I intended originally! What's good to eat in the area?

Post Likes
    Man y'all guys could not have picked a worse week the weather is supposed to be a long cold week. Rockwell isn't too far from Garland and the have lots of eating spots over there. Lots of restaurants by the Basspro there in Garland also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Leaving for Dallas tomorrow afternoon with one of the other guys I work with. Looking forward to this class! Got a couple of McQuay and Carrier machines I'm looking after now, too. So that means I should get even more out of this than I intended originally! What's good to eat in the area?

Post Likes
    What's cold in Dallas? Bass Pro Shop? Awesome! I need a couple of new choke tubes.

Post Likes
    25-45 all week last time I looked at the weather. Below normal for around here. Basspro is right on the lake and there are restaurants around it . It's a really nice area. Also a mall area called Firewheel that has a few eating joints around it.

Post Likes
    U better hurry back. The vav class is this week I believe. What the hell is a choke tube- umm nevermind.

Post Likes
    I'm not teaching VAV this year, but I will be doing the VFD class with the living legend Mr. Z.

Post Likes
    Pops., that's what I meant lol,

Post Likes
    Being around these guys makes me realize how little I know and how much of an ignorant moron I really am... Wow!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Man y'all guys could not have picked a worse week the weather is supposed to be a long cold week. Rockwell isn't too far from Garland and the have lots of eating spots over there. Lots of restaurants by the Basspro there in Garland also.
    Sunday, we went to Texas Roadhouse. Yesterday, we hit up the Bass Pro shop and went to Texas Land & Cattle afterwards... Today was Hoffbrau Steaks in downtown Dallas' west end neighborhood, which seems like kind of a gentrified trendy hipster area. Gotta say that Texas Roadhouse has been my favorite so far. I wish I had more time here to explore the real off-the-radar local spots. I hear Me-shack and The Smokehouse has some good barbecue...

Post Likes
    Being around these guys makes me realize how little I know and how much of an ignorant moron I really am... Wow!

Lol,. That is because that is what they do and all they do,. U think that they could tear down a centrifugal and put back together in 3 days? If so, they are well rounded!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in