Question

Our local KC electrical utility is asking for volunteers to get this new Honeywell thermostat. They are giving some away free. It is the ExpressStat® Programmable Demand Response Thermostat. Any feedback?? I'm not looking to trade out, just curious.

I just read up on it at http://www.honeywellcannon.com/Specs/ExpressStat.asp . It was the first I've heard of it. I wouldn't put it in my house, as I don't want the utility company to have the ability to control the temperature in my house. Just my two cents.

I agree. I had my "Saver Switch" taken off my A/C last summer, it came with the house, and I hated it.

Why?

They cycled the compressor on and off all day long, with that, I think it's very hard on the compressor. It also fell behind in temp, the house may gotten about 4 degree warmer than my set point.

Also, when the compressor cycled off, the blower inside was still running. when the coil got warm, it incressed the humidity.

I didn't think it was worth the $3 credit a month!

Not in my house. A sitching device on an 80 gallon electric water heater is fine, but dont start messing with my comfort.