Question Best option for t-stat with lockout?

I have a customer that wants to lockout the program, leaving occupants with only the ability to temporarily change the setting - a fairly common request I think.

I liked the Totaline thermostats that had the keyed plastic cover accessory. That gave them a physical lockout. It seems those stats are no more.

Honeywell's Ultrastat requires that you dive into the configuration menu to activate and deactivate the lockout. I don't much care for it.

Any other good options?

use honeywell 8320, set the min/max to desired temps & let'er rip

i'd have to look @ the 5000's & 6000's to see if that can be done with them
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Basys SZ1051. I used to do work for a national chain that used these. Very low failure rate. You can set a # of degrees above or below the program setpoint, set the override time and leave it. Once the stat is cofigured lock it out and don't give anyone the default code, not even the mgr. The manager can set his own access code which can be changed if the employees find it out. They can also be used with remote sensors but the sensors MUST be run with shielded cable if they are anywhere near high voltage.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

x2 on the Honeywell...

I install Honeywell 5000's primarily in all vacation rental property because it's easy to operate and it has settable (min cooling and max heat) limits. The 6000 is a Programmable 'stat.
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Min and max settings are useful, but it's the program that I need to lockout.

I'll read up on those suggestions and others that may come. I appreciate the help.

The VENSTAR tstats is what I use its tech friendly sim to the old totaline commercial 23000 2800 stats but now sold at us air maybe others but thats where I found it works great hope it helps

Jackson T-21-P, 1/2 the price of a Vision Pro. Lots more screen lock options than VP. Made in America. Tech support (you can talk to the guy who invented it) speaks good English

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Jackson T-21-P, 1/2 the price of a Vision Pro. Lots more screen lock options than VP. Made in America. Tech support (you can talk to the guy who invented it) speaks good English
    I'm going to look into these. If what you say is true maybe I can finally have a decent lockout without preventing people from having trouble adjusting the temperature. This is a CONSTANT problem at the church I attend and I do their HVAC maintenance etc. Currently I use the VPs (9 stats in total located in locations where keys are not required to gain access to the room) and it seems like I have to fix a program (or worse) at least once a month... and that's even with lockouts since some people research just enough info to get them past the lockout but not to know what they are doing!