Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve Wiggins
    [B]Any contractor that doesn't appeal is yellow. I would appeal just to make a statement even if I didn't win.

That is why our trade has no rights.....because contractors have no balls.

Give me the phone number for all your concerns and I will call YOUR inspector myself. I ain't scared. You can stay anonymous and still get results.....how bout that?

Think I am just blowing smoke?
    Read this:
    http://www.hobb.org/hobbv2/index.php...731&Itemid=400

[Edited by contactor on 02-20-2006 at 11:17 PM]
    never say never

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whatthehay?
    After I've won my suit against the contractor that hacked my furnace install, I am going to send a request for a refund from the state for the fee I paid for the inspector, who told me everything looked okay, after he strolled through the building. Apparently, the inspector failed to notice that the two 3" ducts attached to the furnace, were joined together by a Y, and then progressed into a hacked 3" concentric with a 2" central pipe.
    Inspectors don't care about duct sizes. That is why they can pass something that isn't design correctly. Great reason to ban them from inspecting a license holders work.

They can go inspect joe blow maintenance man or DIY projects.
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

I`m from Houston, Tx, and we are also under IRC.Just because there is more a/c down here,it does not mean that we do not do quality work. I take pride in all my installs and i do what the code calls for. WRAP the pipe. It will be better for everyone.

I agree with the inspector. To argue and appeal such a minor thing would make you red, (in you books for this and future jobs)
    Code dictates minimum standards for installation.
    When a contractor exceeds the code,
    That takes balls!
    never say never

Who ever said it's a differant animal up here said a mouth full of truth. I currently try to stay out of both Lake county Ill and Lake Co. Ind. My 1st experience yrs ago in Lake Co. was before I started the job I was told by the GC I would be red tagged for something. I of course looked puzzled and asked why? Your new and they want you to know who they are. I got tagged. I had to laugh, my tag was no big deal, the electrician got tagged because a few romex pulls didn't extend out of the outlet boxes to the end of the inspectors thumb. I think he must have been hired to be an inspector cause he had the official thumb length.
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Steve,
    I get the impression you don't like inspectors huh?
    Is there a particular reason for this?

insulation

Who is the person with authority? If you have to ask the question, if it is code? .Do you really think you should question the person that can hold you up. The next time add on the price of insulation and look at it as work is work. Smile be his friend and ask if he would like a coffee. Get your checks and hope he recommends you to others. That’s why they call it doing business and not doing do what you want. Congratulations on your move and good luck with your new start up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12