Fireplace electronic ignition..

Hello everyone!

So heres my current problem that I decided to get to now.. its been 2 yr since fireplace has been out of commision.

To shortly describe it, When we first moved in, we hired someone to fix a few things in the house and the fireplace was one of it. well he never really finished. So we never paid him. Last thing he said was the ignition was bad.

Few months back I decided to take things apart and noticed a few things missing. Only thing left was all wiring/control module/gas line and a unit to stick batteries in. Only name I was able to read off the control module was DEXEN Module.

From here on out, I dont know what else I need to get this unit up and running.

I'm guessing a valve.. Not sure if there is a specific type I need to look for or where to buy one. I dont think I saw a pilot unit but I'll dbl check once I get home on that.

is there a unit that I can start fresh with or if dexen has a complete package?

Thanks in advance

From here on out, I dont know what else I need to get this unit up and running.
    I can tell you.

You need a pro.

diy=dead in yard

Or life insurance. You should not be tinkering with this appliance. You could blow up yourself or others. Please call a pro.

Best advice find out make and model and call a fireplace store (or go to manufacturers site and locate a dealer) and have them restore it properly.

I will go the route of finding a pro, but now im having trouble finding one in my area. South Bay, Ca.

Is there like a website that list contractors that work on fireplaces?

Thanks

Cool

Get the make and model off the rating plate and go to the mfr for a list of dealers in your area. Then, go to www.nficertified.org to see if they hold an NFI Gas certification.

HTH,