VFD on condensor side? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Saman1366: After the last few responses, I'd like to offer a solution to your problem. I believe that you're trying to make decisions about a subject that you have very little if any experience with. It's time to get someone on-site that can evaluate what you have and offer the help that you need.

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    Saman1366: After the last few responses, I'd like to offer a solution to your problem. I believe that you're trying to make decisions about a subject that you have very little if any experience with. It's time to get someone on-site that can evaluate what you have and offer the help that you need.
    You are correct, I don't have any experience. I just graduated and am interning at an MEP company. But there are experienced people on site that make the decisions. What I know is that I like central plants and wanna know everything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saman1366 View Post
    You are correct, I don't have any experience. I just graduated and am interning at an MEP company. But there are experienced people on site that make the decisions. What I know is that I like central plants and wanna know everything about them.
    It would have been nice to know the situation up front, but it's good to know that you understand that you're in the learning stages. There are quite a few folks that have come to this site in the same position that you're in. Advice differs from one person to another, but I'll give you the same advice that I've given others in the same situation: Just because you're an engineer (or whatever you happen to be) doesn't mean that you know the basics of refrigeration. Get a good textbook and start learning from the ground up, not from the top down. That way, you'll learn the why's and not just the what's. You don't necessarily need to know how to braze copper, but to understand the dynamics of compression, fluid flow, fluid saturation, and heat transfer, their theory and their practical application. Don't start in the middle. Best of luck to you in your endeavors (and remember that luck is opportunity meeting preparedness)!

Well said KLove. You know Trane has some good engineering newsletters and white papers that are helpful in regard to questions like this.
    It might get loud!

Quote Originally Posted by klove View Post
    It would have been nice to know the situation up front, but it's good to know that you understand that you're in the learning stages. There are quite a few folks that have come to this site in the same position that you're in. Advice differs from one person to another, but I'll give you the same advice that I've given others in the same situation: Just because you're an engineer (or whatever you happen to be) doesn't mean that you know the basics of refrigeration. Get a good textbook and start learning from the ground up, not from the top down. That way, you'll learn the why's and not just the what's. You don't necessarily need to know how to braze copper, but to understand the dynamics of compression, fluid flow, fluid saturation, and heat transfer, their theory and their practical application. Don't start in the middle. Best of luck to you in your endeavors (and remember that luck is opportunity meeting preparedness)!
    Thank you klove. I appreciate your advice and your posts and everybody else that posted. All of it got my wheels rolling and now i gotta keep it rolling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12