Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tate is now South Eastern Metal,Did not know Johnston sold them, will check on that, Thanks for the info

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

My only dealings with the Atlanta market was when I first went to work for Goodman as the Amana technical rep. I did help out a bit with Amana equipment only in the Atlanta area, not with the Goodman brand.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Thats a 10-4 Robo, I knew that I had read on here somewhere that you were a Goodman Rep, I thought you were the rep for the whole East Coast, sorry bout that

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

Roboteq,

Would you know of any reputable or good Goodman installers in the south jersey area? The 2 contractors we called were supposedly Goodman dealers too but ended up selling us on the Rheem brands.

The furnace and a/c combined topped the Goodman prices by at least $XXXX and from what I remember the Goodman units had better AFUE and SEER ratings.

I'm now very curious to talk to real Goodman dealers who sell and install Goodman stuff. Of course, the Rheem sales rep didn't waste time bashing Goodman.

Hope you can help.

[edit, The pricing here skirts the rules but rather safe than sorry, price removed]

[Edited by Lusker on 02-19-2006 at 08:11 AM]

Thumbs down Same in Dallas-Fort Worth

Consumer Reports the facts.
    Goodman has the most repairs of any other piece of equipment out there.

I am going to state on point that is fact since Goodman purchased Amana and re-designed their furnaces that ARE better.This DOES NOT take away from the fact that Goodman sells online, at store front properties and to anyone who will give them money for their product.

If Goodman would get control of their distributor's and make online purchases to be done with aid of contractor's in there area, yes they would control more than 17% of the market sells across the USA.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Goodman GMS-90 pressure switches no good! It may have been a bad batch of switches ? I get 3 calls a week !

Everything other then that I find the NEW units a much better improvement over the last models.

I dont care much for the open condensate trap, but the new HSI's have been trouble free.

I like there warranty how if the heat exchanger fails within ten years? they will give you a new furnace.

Probably because they cant sell them

goodman furnaces

one of the main reasons that alot of people don't like goodman furnaces in the charleston, wv area is because both of the local distributors feel the need to sell them to every buddy, buddy of a buddy, and the buddy's brother in law that knows someone who know "a" buddy. I have installed some goodman furnaces. I myself refer to them as the "6 year machine". The reason is just that. They seem to lose a compressor or a heat exchanger every 6 years. The main reason for this is because the people who are replacing a 125,000 btu furnace that is 35 years old aren't smart enough to realize they are oversizing the equipment. Yes, they go through their tests and meet GAMA and ARI guidelines. But no, they are not regulated around here. Matter of fact, the sales of goodman equipment to local sidejobbers, buddies, etc., has put an intense hurting on the HVAC industry in this area. Thank goodness for 13 seers and TXV's. This will rid alot of the local idiots doing sidework who know nothing about the trade. It's time the distributors EVERYWHERE stop this from happening and prevent sales of HVAC equipment over the internet!! It's killing the industry. It will take a few years but one of these days, all of the bans will be lifted and K MART and WALMART will get into it. Do you thing a DIY person is going to pay your rates? No. They are going to be standing outside of the local supply house bribing guys to do their work on Saturday. Some of these people already do that now. TO MY GUYS!! I don't have as bad of an opinion on Goodman as I do the Distributors!!

Originally posted by cdn hvac
    Goodman GMS-90 pressure switches no good! It may have been a bad batch of switches ? I get 3 calls a week !

Apparently a bad batch in your area only. I have about 30 of the GMS models out there and have yet to replace anything other than a gas valve.

Only complaint; whoever it was that had the idea to put the 45 where they did in the burner compartment on the combustion air line of the GCS units, should be fired. You couldn't move it to the left one inch? Lets see that guy remove and install the screw at the top left on the ventor assy.

No equipment manufacturer sells on the Internet.

All brands of equipment can be bought on the Internet.

Those are the facts.

If the only thing anyone can say bad about a brand of equipment is that bad installers are installing them, what does that have to do with the quality of the equipment?

If thousands of people who bought "brand-X" vehicles were perfectily content with those vehicles as they drove them on normal roads and under normal conditions and 100 people bought that same vehicle and drove them off road, would you not buy that vehicle because 100 of them broke down?

Haven't heard about pressure switch issues yet; will keep my eye out for it. Do you know precisely what the problem with them is?

Originally posted by htg guy
    Only complaint; whoever it was that had the idea to put the 45 where they did in the burner compartment on the combustion air line of the GCS units, should be fired. You couldn't move it to the left one inch? Lets see that guy remove and install the screw at the top left on the ventor assy.
    I have several of these kinds of complaints. Come to think of it, I felt the same about every brand I repped with one thing or another.

You have to understand that a lot of engineers are the dweebs that we macho types wouldn't let play ball when we were all in school. Well....they are getting even!

I basshed goodman furnaces for years.4 years ago we started selling high end amana furnaces,and i still bashed goodman.but with the new design heat exchangers,boards,and the only furnace on the market to qaulify for a gov tax credit.it will be hard to bash the new product line.but if the new units break like the old crap they produced.Then i hope yall run it in the ground.

If you look on the internet the vast majority of those web sites sell goodman furnaces,saying the manufacturers do not sell on the net is a cop out,all the manufacturer would have to do is strongly advise these distributors that their time would be better spent signing up legitemate contractors to handle their product.

Originally posted by alberta
    If you look on the internet the vast majority of those web sites sell goodman furnaces,saying the manufacturers do not sell on the net is a cop out,all the manufacturer would have to do is strongly advise these distributors that their time would be better spent signing up legitemate contractors to handle their product.
    It is illegal in the United States to refuse to sell to someone who qualifies for product purchase unless that product is being used in a manner that there is a specific law against.

Since all brands are being sold on the Internet, it is just ridiculous to base who is more wrong by only the amount sold. If we go by percentage of total product manufactured I think you will find that a higher percentage of Rheem/Ruud equipment is sold on the Internet then any other brand.

Then there are the "exclusive" models that certain manufacturers require their dealers to pay to be able to sell that can be bought on the Internet by anyone who sends one of those contractors money.

Contractors are the ones that are selling HVAC equipment on the Internet...not manufacturers.

Why does it matter who can buy what? If you do good installations it does not matter what brand you sell and you can always make a bundle in service on the improperly installed equipment as well. It's really a win/win situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast