Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bought one for my sister inlaw, doesnt have a lot of money.
    went a differant route so had unit when i replaced my system with a carrier and went ahead and used the janitrol furnace. lost blower motor on sunday in texas in summer and im to busy for this. furnace is noisier than carriers, lennoxes or tranes i install. dont know what came over me. but goodman is janitrol and aill always be a lesser system.
    now carrier will always have the technology over everyone else always have. they invent it others follow.
    now i will say amana has a better heat exchanger than others but the dang thangs our heavy and if you buy a trnae, carrier or lennox furnace youll change 2 or 3 air conditioners before the furnace craps out so that heat exchanger means nothing to me. im going for the technogy and quality and goodman isnt it. but i will sell sell them if the customer cant afford a trane or carrier. outside looks alot better same ol parts.

Originally posted by airworx
    went ahead and used the janitrol furnace. lost blower motor on sunday in texas in summer and im to busy for this. furnace is noisier than carriers, lennoxes or tranes i install. dont know what came over me. but goodman is janitrol always be a lesser system.
    I am sorry for your loss but there is a lesson here.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Its the install NOT THE EQUIPMENT, they had a report on the morning news, this morning in Atlanta about a Trane system that cost the people 10 grand and because of a piss poor install, the system was not worth a Damn, Trane gave them a 15 grand system and New contractor just to save THEIR NAME, so it don't matter what you put in if its done right there is no problem, so every one who says Goodman is no good, Don't know how to install a system properly and HAS BEEN LUCKY WITH WHAT EVER YOU ARE INSTALLING. PERIOD

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

Hey Tommy; I like this; "every one who says Goodman is no good, Don't know how to install a system properly". Can I use it?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by tommy graham
    Trane gave them a 15 grand system and New contractor just to save THEIR NAME.
    15 grand they don't value there name much do they? I am thinking they should have had them a new Goodman system installed and gave them 15 grand on top of that.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

hey robo show me 1 web site that sells trane c/w pricing on all their different models or 1 site that lists all lennox products c/w pricing and I will never bring up the subject again.

Originally posted by alberta
    hey robo show me 1 web site that sells trane c/w pricing on all their different models or 1 site that lists all lennox products c/w pricing and I will never bring up the subject again.
    That's not fair no one wants that equipment anyway.

What is c/w pricing? That got anything to do with "country/western"?

I'd love to make the amount of money these guys make selling any equipment on the Internet. Of course the lesser costing equipment is more attractive to the cheaparsed bustards that think they can do everything themselves. But in the long run, this minor percentage of the population that installs their own equipment after paying retail for it on the Internet wind up being the schmos that have to pay through the nose to have the stuff fixed somewhat properly and then continue to pay through high energy costs and premature replacement.

Like I already stated; the DIY market is made up of people who are not going to pay someone to install their equipment no matter what and they are also the ones that keep us really busy doing service work when times are slow.

The only entity that gets truly hurt by Internet sales and DIY installs is the manufacturer of the equipment used. The amount of warranty work involved with improper installs is a killer.

I am finished discussing Internet sales of equipment. This has nothing to do with the quality of equipment and there is nothing that can be done about it. It doesn't hurt anyone except the manufacturers of the equipment sold and the people that buy the stuff. If a contractor really feels he/she is losing business because of direct to consumer sales, that contractor is not making it in business anyway.

http://www.supplyht.com/CDA/Archives...00f932a8c0____

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    If a contractor really feels he/she is losing business because of direct to consumer sales, that contractor is not making it in business anyway.
    Yes! there is a God you are right and I totally agree I am not personally nor have ever been concerned or intimated about internet sales, heck I have made some "good" money correcting their screw ups, and they never question me why so much, they ain't stupid they know why, there "is" a good side of internet sales if you look at the big picture or look outside the box.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    http://www.supplyht.com/CDA/Archives...00f932a8c0____

Carol DeRousse is feeling angry and betrayed. The owner of DeRousse Heating & Air Conditioning of "Red Bud", Ill.

Now wait a minute "Red Bud" Ill.?

the new models are much better, all brands have defects, consider the manufacturers warranty and you wont have any surprise costs also the contractor labor warranty and service policy a good contractor will install for maybe 5 years parts and labor but you pay more also! so weight out your options you take a risk with all the brands out there.

Post by RoBo

Hey Tommy; I like this; "every one who says Goodman is no good, Don't know how to install a system properly". Can I use it?

Yeah Robo you have my permission to use that

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123