Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Don & Gordon Paschall
    They gave me a job in 1976 and stated they would put me to work for a little while...

Mean while 27+ years later I'm still doing the same thing ,only better now.

They both are retired but, I talk to them often.
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Started off being a fill in job, but after a while of doing it I found out I enjoyed it.

After 4 years of just doing tin I slowly started doing some service, which I'm still trying to do more and more of and less tin work.

After stepping back and looking at the big picture I noticed I was also following (somewhat) in Dad's footsteps. He spent 30+ years as an appliance repair guy and around 10 doing hvac service.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

My influences,.. 1) my dad, a hardened mechanic, from back in the day where their was no OSHA, you either did it or died 2) this carpenter I worked with when I was 18 or so, total pot head but really smart, not just with the trade but intellectually, he's a lawyer now 3) the chief engineer for ECC Elgin Community Colledge, another extreamly smart guy, taught night school on the side for cash. This guy was so down to earth and taught "real world style", funny too. I could identify with him because he thought very similar to I AND he was really successfull so it gave me the feeling that I too could someday be as successfull.

I fell into this trade, I was "roped" into it by obligation. I went to night school and found that it was something I could understand quite esilly and so, I learned to enjoy it. My real passion was motorcycles, and I wanted, from the time I was a young child to be in the motorcycle trade. This too was influenced by my dad and mom who used to take me on their motorcycles from the time I was 3. I grew up with bike parts all over the house, engins under the kitchen table and all that.

Cool

Originally posted by mattm
    My best friend Rod got me in to the trade. Now he's an Effn crack head in jail while his two beautiful kids and wife sit at home sad.
    wow dude,that is tough,all the way around.......seen a few of my friends on the sh*t......it is one of the toughest addictions to over come,but there have been those that have made it back.....i hope your friend is one of them....good luck!!!!!!!!

Bob Villa.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by bigbird
    Mine was a strange way. I was a 18 wheeler driver pulling refrigerated 40 ' trailer full of hanging beef.The temp. in the trailer was keeped at 28 deg. & my freightliner tractor had no a/c & it was july driving down old hyway 99 in central ca. with a 115 deg. outside temp. I would stop & clinb in traiuler to cool off.I said i`m quitting this truck driving job & go to refer. school to find put how they keep theses trailers cold.

Damn, How big was the team of horses that pulled your rig?

How many of the horses did you cool off with you in that trailer?

I heard you liked to whip it,(from Dice)is that from your trailer hauling days?

"Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

From the Marines
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

Right.... The Marines actually let their guys even touch an A/C? Boy, I'll tell ya, that's like askin' for trouble, lol!
    WHY?

Originally posted by special ed
    Right.... The Marines actually let their guys even touch an A/C? Boy, I'll tell ya, that's like askin' for trouble, lol!

The funny thing was they sent me to Viet Nam and there was no a/c equipment to work on. They gave me some less enjoyable and more dangerous things to do. When I got out I did a few other jobs and then decided that a/c work was cool, the rest it history.

Originally posted by Diceman
    Bob Villa.
    I'm usually not very vocal about my feelings or opinionated about people but I HATE BOB VILLA!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Bob Villa.
    I'm usually not very vocal about my feelings or opinionated about people but I HATE BOB VILLA!

You are not going to let that dating incident ruin your life, are you?

Smile The Jules-Thompson Effect

The phenomena of expanding gases. They all will cool except hydrogen. Hydrogen will actually heat up as it is dropped from a high pressure to a low pressure. Actually my business is cryogenics. Roy

[Edited by oroy54 on 02-18-2006 at 02:49 PM]

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Bob Villa.
    You hate a lot of things, so much hate, so little time.
    Yeah Villa is an assclown, no doubt.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast