I have a Goodman AEPT060 indoor unit. I want to install a 3.5 ton Goodman CPLT-42 heat pump condensing unit. The instrutions say to remove exiting 13/16" nut and replace piston. I removed nut, but it doesnt look like there is a piston there. The piston that came with the condensing unit will not fit inside. Does this unit have a changeable piston, or do I just install the tailpiece without. Thanks

Assuming you are not an HVAC professional, please read the rules about DIY information. This is not a DIY site and we as professionals prefer not to be associated with unprofessional installations.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

hvacbill,

Robo is in the process of voiding your warranty.. Please stay on line.. Once robo has hacked all the information out of your computer to void your warranty, he will leave you with a dancing goodman screen saver... Just be glad it was a dancing goodman not Robo himself..lol.. Just ask dice..

Get a pro to help you and see if he can salvage your installation.. If you post a reciept from a hvac contractor for the installation and talk nicely to robo,, he might reinstate your warranty with goodman..

Get them Robo.. Did you get all the info to void his warranty..

J

I have absolutely no authority for any brand, company or organization on the Internet....it's just lil'ole me here

Seriously though bill, get a professional to install that system whatever it costs. There are pros who get confused by that A/H wiring, blower set up and proper metering installation. However; all of the information is in the I/O manual for anyone who can understand it to read and use.

Robo,

Just having alittle fun,,, we are allowed to have fun in here still...

You could have played along.. Not everyone is trying to get your goat... One day dice will find you and get it back..

J

Originally posted by Advanced Response
    Robo,

Just having alittle fun,,, we are allowed to have fun in here still...

You could have played along.. Not everyone is trying to get your goat... One day dice will find you and get it back..

J
    My post was not meant to squeesh the fun of your post. I need to be careful of my representation here. Thanks for understanding.

I thought you post was quite humorous. Sorry I cannot play along.