Man Cave smoke ventilation

I am trying to find the best way to ventilate a 400 sqft garage conversion that will be used for smoking.

I have looked into smoke eaters, though I don't know of anyone that can give me the thumbs up or down for them.

I could install an exhaust fan through the roof of the garage that's not a big deal. I could then open a low vent to the outside to bring in fresh air. Only problem being is that I will need some way of heating and cooling the fresh air coming in.

Which way would yo recommend?

1- Smoke Eater ($800)

2- Roof vent fan ducted down to a grill and a low wall opening for fresh air intake.

My goal is remove the smoke as people are smoking. Noise level is also a concern.
    Chugging Along.

Save your money and have them go outside and smoke.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Lol, No thawing and defrosting bodies...
    Any ideas?
    Chugging Along.

Treat it like a bathroom. A premium bath exhaust with an air change in an hour. Fresh air inlet is not important as negative pressure stops air from moving into the home. If you want a fresh air inlet, chech out the Fresh Air 100 inlets. They are imported from Sweden. They go high on the wall to blend in the fresh without causing cold air to pool on the floor. They have filters and adjustable/on/off controls.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Thank you. You think that the exhaust fan will have enough CFM to "drag" the smoke and odor out of them.

Odor is another issue I failed to mention previously.
    Chugging Along.

How about a small smoke eater! You can get one for around $500.00.

Negative pressure, like TB suggests, would really help if the garage communicates with the house. To cool and heat it with little noise, the CR-7000 may be what you're looking for. It's essentially a small capacity (7000 BTU), low cost packaged unit. See http://www.climaterightair.com/mancaves.html . I haven't seen anything like it in that price range. Because the compressor is outside and not solidly contacting the building frame (like a window AC would do), you don't hear it much inside.

Here's an idea. Put a fan in a corner. In the other corner, put the outlet of a CR-7000. Use the inlet of the CR-7000 to bring in fresh air and condition it. Have the fan pull more air than the CR-7000 brings in. Bonus points for putting the fan opposite to the house, and the CR-7000 outlet closest to the door to the house. This way when a door is opened, it opens where the air is most clean. That + negative pressure should keep the smoke out of the house.

Now, if you want to smell nice after smoking a cigar, take a shower and change clothes
    -If you won't turn it on then nothing else matters.