Thumpin' Thunder Blizzards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone ever get them?

They say it's relatively unique to our area because of the location to the Great Lakes.

Nasty one went through last night. Green lightning and all. Lights up really well because of the snow reflection.

Got a snow day today as well...white-outs etc. and alot of the secondary highways closed.. The 2 wholesalers in town have closed for the day already.

TGIFF
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

It's icy as hell here in chicago.

Yeah, I'm in Schaumburg (NW of Chicago) and we had some of those yesterday. Now we're being warned of -20° windchills tomorrow. I can't imagine a better time to be "between jobs".

Wear your Carharts!
    R2B4BTU

My husband went to start my car while I was in the shower and had to get the hairdryer out to get me into my van. What a nice guy. He must want something. I'm in Arl. Hts, IL. My parents live in Northern Wisconsin and got blasted yesterday.

its super windy here and

Originally posted by hvacgirl1488
    My husband went to start my car while I was in the shower and had to get the hairdryer out to get me into my van. What a nice guy. He must want something. I'm in Arl. Hts, IL. My parents live in Northern Wisconsin and got blasted yesterday.
    Sounds like he wanted you out of the house!
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2’.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

[i]

Sounds like he wanted you out of the house! [/B]
    Maybe

We had some thunder while it was snowing earlier this "winter" (I use that term loosely since it's been so nice here).

It'd be way cool to see lightning while it was snowing though!

Currently we're at -10, not sure the windchill but the weather channel says it feels like -20, some snow blowing around and about 4" on the ground.

Boss called today, said there wasn't anything importnant enough goin on, so he called off work
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Just see them on the weather channel. Am I missing anything?

When I was stationed in South Dakota, it became a nightly ritual for me to remove the batteries from both the car and the truck and take them in the house to stay warm. In the morning, back they went. Of course, the temperatures would be 40 below with a windchill of 80 below. We actually had a vehicle freeze up as it was running one winter. It wasn't rare to have 30 to 40 inches of snow drop in a few hours. It was so cold one day, after I took a p*ss outside, I shook the thing and the head fell off.

Hmm What is a "White Out"?

Just wondering

it is may understanding that it is when it snows so hard that you cant see anything in front of you, kinda like when it is foggy. i live in tennessee and have only seen it a couple of times.it was 70 yesterday and today it is 38 no wonder everyone is so sick..................

Hmm Hill billy

It was 80 here yesterday. Now it is 45 and windy. Roy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast