I have observed something in the past ten years or so that is disturbing to me.
    When I had just a few stripes (ten or so years ago) I would see several military retirees in the clinic whenever I had an appointment. Now you rarely if ever see a retiree being seen in the military clinic. They get treatment downtown. In addition these individuals were promised
    f-r-e-e medical care for life as a benefit of their military service. Currently the annual premium is low and I would not complain about paying it especially when the premium is less than a lot of people’s monthly premium, but the premium is going up and by the time I can retire who knows what it could be.

The issue is these people (we) were promised free for life health care and there is no follow through to uphold this promise to our veterans.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

There are many things promised....."Read my Lips"

I just don't think anyone who has served(honorably) should be denied any of their promised compensation. JMO.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.