Thread: system 2000

http://www.energykinetics.com/

one contractor giving an estimate on updating our 30 year old (at least) dropped off info on this. I've never heard of. Have any of you pros and input on it?
    Haven't seen the price yet as compared to "conventional".

I assume you're using oil. It's a very low mass steel boiler with propriatery controls. Uses a standard Beckett AFG burner in an air box. Very quiet. Hot water made by a plate heat exchanger piped into a glass lined booster tank, I prefer a regular indirect

If you're gonna side wall vent they use a power vent which I do not recommend. Chimney only.

Claims to save a lot of oil. Of course you'll save oil when you upgrade to anything from a 30 year old system.

You'll probably be shocked by the price. I would ask about a Burnham MPO with stainless steel indirect.

If you have cast iron radiators, I'd stick with a cast iron boiler.

If you have copper fin tube baseboard and want low mass, price out a Burnham LE with a stainless steel indirect like the Triangle Tube Phase III and get a Riello Burner. Get an outdoor reset control like a Tekmar.

I did and saved enough over the cost of the System 2000 to get my chimney lined with a stainless steel flex liner.

I suppose I should have been clearer. It's gas and will be vented thru the chimney. All slant fin base board.
    Would explain the other items to price. Not that up on the names and functions.
    This contractor is going to give me 2 prices, one the S2k and one on a "conventionaL"

Power gas burners on oil fired equipment do not produce great efficency results. Look at boilers designed for gas. Look at condensing boilers. More value for the money.

EK doesn't make the best gas unit IMO. I haven't been impressed by the few that I have seen and I would go with something else if it was in my house.
    The More You Know, The More You Can Get In Trouble For!!!!

I don't like the mild steel EK2000 oil boilers whatsoever........they just haven't impressed me why they're any better than a sturdy cast iron conventional boiler.