Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drug Testing

I was reading Otto's thread about another good interview. He said he had to go for a drug test.
    As I have said I work for a Pharmacutical Company that manafactures injectables. They fill demerol, morphine, hydromorphine (about 500 times more powerfull than morphine), lidocane, ect. The funny thing is you only take a drug test when you get hired. They don't give random drug tests, or drug test you if you get hurt on the job. I think the reason is we are exposed to them enough if they did drug test us most of the employees would show up positive for opates. I don't think they want to have to explane that.

Our hall tests, random and scheduled/

One of my coworkers passes with flying colors every time- he can ID each and every drug they show him with either eye, no hesitation. They haven't stumped him yet.
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

Originally posted by Midwest
    One of my coworkers passes with flying colors every time- he can ID each and every drug they show him with either eye, no hesitation. They haven't stumped him yet.
    I havent laughed outloud all week! Thanx Midwest!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Its hell having to study to pass a drug test

tell me do you use drugs??

And they tell you staight: no no not me!
    spellcheck the leaflet.

LOL thats funny bain dead LOL

Yus, Yus! All drugs should be tested!!

I see Ozzy and Nicky... Who's she? Did I miss something?

Originally posted by dutchcool

Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

I rarely take asprin much less any other drug (caffine excluded).

The previous company, it was known that several guys did drugs (mostly mary j). Everytime the insurance company asked for a random text the same handfull of people got tested every time, usually 1 or 2 times a year.

And the people that would even admit to doing drugs just so happened to never get tested.

I'm not too for drugs by any means, but the part that upset me was the fairness of the situation.

Yet one more good reason to leave there.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Originally posted by lakeman1234
    They don't give random drug tests, or drug test you if you get hurt on the job.
    Our company policy states that if you get hurt on the job you must have a drug/alcohol test done within 12 hours.

well, I just got done with the physical and drug test. I know the test will be clear since I don't use drugs. And I passed the physical.
    R2B4BTU

Hmm About 5 years ago

The farmers or ranchers down in Mexico did some brush burning. That smoke caused a thick haze here, about like fog. That must of been at least 400 miles from here. The mommy's were covering their little childerns noses as they got out of school going to the car. Anyway in all of that smoke, there was burning wild marijuana, peyote, and other stuff that grows natrual there. The guys in the shipping lanes in the Gulf of Mexico were exempt from drug testing for a while because the smoke was so thick. Roy

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by lakeman1234
    They don't give random drug tests, or drug test you if you get hurt on the job.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our company policy states that if you get hurt on the job you must have a drug/alcohol test done within 12 hours

The place I used to work had the same policy. It just seem wierd that working for a place that has all kinds of controlled drugs doesn't require drug testing. The only time I have heard of anyone having to take a drug test was some of the material handlers had to take one when some controlled drugs came up missing. It didn't take them long to figure out who it was. But that was a few years ago before I came to work there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast