Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Started a small system today with 5 RTUs. 3 Voyagers and 2 Precedents all with Reliatel controls. New 'old' Tracker, all comm 3. Precedent units have sensors with thumbwheels, ovrd and cancel. Outdoor air temp was 40°f +/-. Both Precedent units would run 100% economizer AND cool1 down to cooling setpoint. Economizer would stay at approx. 66% when cooling setpoint was achieved. Book says that econo would operate to higher of cool - 1.5 or heat + 1.5
    Is there some way to lock out mech. cooling on outdoor air temp? It doesnt make sense that the compressors would run with these OA conditions.
    Is there a way to set a wider differential between heating/cooling setpoints? With 'local setting' enabled, differential was 2°f. If 'local' is disabled then you can set what you want.
    Outdoor air sensors and mixed air sensors seemed to fluctuate somewhat as well. One unit OA sensor was up to 12°f high at times. Short of changing the sensor, is there a cure for this?
    Could it be that we have an 'old' Tracker with the newer Reliatel controls?
    Comm line is good. All shielded and EOL etc.
    Thanks for any help

There is a way to do this. You need to temporarily disconnect the TCI-3 communications card. Install a LCI-R (specific one for 2 - 20T vs. 12.5 - 25T) and connect with Rover. There are configuration changes you can make there. Then when done just remove the LCI-R and re-connect your TCI-3. Restart the units and changes will remain in the RTRM.

Thanks kwillmech. As you might imagine, a call was made today to the salesman that sold this. It looks like I will be getting some free training from the local Trane control guys. I hope they know how to do this.

It's kind of a pain to do this but it's the only way to get into the RTRM/Voyager configuration. There are things in there that Summit can't even access. If you need the LCI board numbers let me know.

kwill...... would this have been different if we had a V12 Tracker with LCI cards? Would we still need Rover to access the RTRM to change configuration or would we have access through the Tracker to set these points? Thanks

Unfortunately you would need Rover to do this. It is still an undocumented little item.

Interesting...... Found a Service Bulletin on Comfortsite today that described this situation when the rtu is connected to a CCP. Recommendation was to replace the RTRM board. I have to check the serial numbers to see if this applies. Not likely since this bulletin is dated Feb 2005.

kwilltech, We have a large job that has been "work in progress" for the past 4 yrs, and is ongoing. It consists of over 50 Voyager and Reliatel RTU's. Quite a number of these systems are small 6 to 10 zone Varitrac arrangements (com 4) with the remaining units being single zone applications. Everything is networked into 3 separateTrackers (24's) com 5. Not that all this info is pertinent to my question, just helpful maybe. We have Tracker software, Varitrac software, and a number of touchscreens for service and monitoring. 1 -Would it be a major deal to tie our systems into our customer's local network? Our Trackers supposedly have the board options to do this as well as modem connection. But I think the network deal would be the most versatile. 2- What is the benefit to having Rover? From what I understand of it , it has to be connected directly to the bus via an adapter, and only looks at the units, not the Trackers or CCP's. What exactly can it do? We have some RTRM's that are of a vintage that are prone to allowing low pressure lockouts when it's cold out. Could Rover be used to reconfigure this? Sorry I probably should've started a new thread. ---gman

1. As long as the Tracker has the Ethernet port (very first ones didn't) then go for the network option. You might want to make sure you upgrade the Varitracs and Trackers to the latest firmware version. This can be done with your Tracker software only. Latest version Tracker software is v12 service pack 3. If you have version 12 then your local Trane office should provide you the service pack free of charge. Or you can register a free account at http://www.mytranecontrols.com and download your updates there.

2. Rover won't do you much good here. There are some unit configuration screens you can get to with Rover in the Reliatel/Voyager units but usually only helpful with problem stand-alone units. Rover can help you if you need to upgrade the LCI firmware but you must have the full version with the Flash Download Wizard.

3. You might want to check with your local Trane parts office and determine if your units are covered by any of the numerous Fix-On-Fail service bulletins.

I tried to register but they want a serial number. Guess it's nto for techs.

They are looking for a valid Summit v13 to v16 Authorization Code. Something like E1111-01234-ABCDE.

Yes, this is intended to be a benefit for Trane software customers only.

Here's one freebie that's unregistered:
    E1111-10237-REBMT

"Finders keepers, loosers weepers!"
    Enjoy!!

Originally posted by dapper
    Interesting...... Found a Service Bulletin on Comfortsite today that described this situation when the rtu is connected to a CCP. Recommendation was to replace the RTRM board. I have to check the serial numbers to see if this applies. Not likely since this bulletin is dated Feb 2005.
    You might want to change out the economizer motor and module. They come together as one part (MOD 1483), and also the RTRM board (MOD 1512). The bulletin I think you are refering is still good until 12/06. I can forward you the pdf file. See my profile.

dapper, did you check to insure min set to 0. also ive seen those cheap modules on the actuaters fail quite often and make the economizer mod open but not usually at 40 oat. may be multiple probs and your mix air sensor faulty easiest way to check is kill power and watch to see if it closes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast