Information on an alco valve

Hi there was wondering if anyone can lead me in the right direction in finding some information on a valve.

Alco Controls
    EX8-121
    Electronic Control Valve.

Looking for information of the operation of how the valve works.
    The valve in question is on a heat reclaim return line and there are 2 identical valves piped in parallel. Never seen this sort of valve before and was curious on the operation and controls. The heat reclaim is giving us a bit of a headache right now on the start up so trying to find any information.
    Thanks in advance.

hope this helps

Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Thank you selfemployed.

Do you happen to know if these valves are similar to the EEPR stepper valves as in they fail open (no power applied) ?

out of my league but

page 1 says they are steppers and page 28/32 under function says they say at a given setting until they receive a signal to move in either direction. Didn't read furture to see if that is in all applications but I would think so.

Alco rep.

Saw him today and he said if you loose power they will colse. Signal only makes they adjust. Like I said this is out of my league.

Thanks for your replies selfemployed.

We havnt had a chance to get around to solving the issue with the heat reclaim yet. Its very strange though it was working fine for 2 days then last night we got a call for low liquid level, as the gas was logging in the condensers and in the heat reclaim coil.

I dont think our issue is the alco valves , I think its the 3 way valve after the alco valves that either go back to the condenser or into the reciever, that is giving us the problem. The set points must not be correct in the controller. It was just returning liquid back to the condenser?

Like I said havnt really had a chance to look into it more, was more concerned about getting the reciever level back to where it should be.

I also find it strange that there is no pump out solenoid or anything on the heat reclaim return as they have on the splits for the condenser, what if the alco valve ever fails it will just log liquid in the heat reclaim coils?

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?