Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It is a tough thing to advise another guy on cause we all have our different ideas. I know this EEI quite well cause a buddy of mine is there. They got their $hit together and they are in growth mode. It offers room to advance. I would think because of the money they do have and the amount of work they have ongoing, the situation seems to me that security of work would be more safe.

Small shops are good, but they can get tight when it's slow and the boss usually is not the greatest in dealing with that kind of stress. All hell breaks loose and every one is on pins and needles.

Better thn any of this. We ALL should just encourage otto to focus in on his work and his own quest to become the best he can be, whether that is in how he deals with people, polotics, technical expertise ect, so he may not need to worry about the loss of another job.

Otto says he parted this last shop due to amicable differences, but I also suspect he is in a little soul searching mood too thinking that, he just needs to get on somewhere, focus in on what he does and not try to get to engrossed in all the other crap that goes on in every shop.

Well said Dow. Like I mentioned earlier. I will try to put the decision on the back burner and let the subconscious work it out.

Thank You all for your input and support.

OTTO
    R2B4BTU

if it was me I would go work for EE end of story forget that small company stuff go work for EE and you will left alone to do your work and thats it dont really have to worry about the office BS since the office you will be reporting to is just a dispatcher and thats it

I have worked with the large company otto is talking with and that were great to work with and deal with on a weekly basis

but hey that was on the sales side

Originally posted by renaissanse man
    Originally posted by Carnak
    Originally posted by TitleLess
    Otto,

It may also help to do a little research on the companies you are applying to, try to find out what their needs are before you get to the interview., then slant your experience and questions to that aspect of the field, I'm not saying to lie,, just have a game plan.
    You pumped for the interviews with shimano,diawa, and penn?
    AHHHH fishing...
    TROLLING, actually, is the word that was being inferred.

Best of luck, Otto, BTW.

Only you know what is best for you.

Originally posted by Dowadudda
    It is a tough thing to advise another guy on cause we all have our different ideas. I know this EEI quite well cause a buddy of mine is there. They got their $hit together and they are in growth mode. It offers room to advance. I would think because of the money they do have and the amount of work they have ongoing, the situation seems to me that security of work would be more safe.

Small shops are good, but they can get tight when it's slow and the boss usually is not the greatest in dealing with that kind of stress. All hell breaks loose and every one is on pins and needles.

Better thn any of this. We ALL should just encourage otto to focus in on his work and his own quest to become the best he can be, whether that is in how he deals with people, polotics, technical expertise ect, so he may not need to worry about the loss of another job.

Otto says he parted this last shop due to amicable differences, but I also suspect he is in a little soul searching mood too thinking that, he just needs to get on somewhere, focus in on what he does and not try to get to engrossed in all the other crap that goes on in every shop.
    I guess I'm biased because I've been with the same company for going on 11 years and it's a med sized shop I guess. 25-30 employed.I have never had to go home early if I didn't want to. I love my job! O.K. you can all give me a collective erect middle finger now for getting you down. I do feel lucky though. Otto will do well where ever he goes.
    Luke 6:31

I'm sure it will all be OK. Just anxious over the decision in front of me.

Thanks again.
    R2B4BTU

I would go with the smaller outfit.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Otto, see my profile and send me your email address. I know a bit about the companies around you. What do you think of working for a manufacturer?

hvacgirl, first off let me say welcome aboard to the site.

I've though about it before, but never really persued it. I see the Honeywell and JC trucks and sometimes wonder about it. I did send a resume to Trane with no response.

R2B4BTU

Don't forget to send me that email. Did you try Atomatic, Team Mechanical, Meridian Mechanical? What about one of the Reedy Companies?

I would definitely stay away from the Edwards/Duo Temp type areas

Otto...hehe she has 134 post. Although she does need to post more ;0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast