Thread: Training

Exclamation

Anybody know of a good place to find info on 1 day type siminars. Would like to take more classes on heat pumps and gas furnaces, electrical trouble shooting ,etc.

Thanks
    i CAN spell i just cant type

and you expect to learn each one of those in 1 day classes?

Senior Tech Guest
    Check with local parts house and the manufactuer reps that supply the company you work for...when I was new I went to all the free ones I could and even got the company to pay for some that weren't free.

Try your local city college.

"and you expect to learn each one of those in 1 day classes?"

Hello--- no I dont think so-- they are refresher courses or latest and greatest courses on new products, havent you ever taken any additional training ? In this field the training never stops.

thanks guys for the info
    i CAN spell i just cant type

Originally posted by ct2
    Ya know Ct, every time someone new comes in and asks about soemthing that you feel is green, you have a way of knocking them down. Ya know, I'm almost ready to press the button,

Trane has some good stuff, I' just signed out for one of those classes, they last a whole week and they are very good

Training in the next two months for me

McQuay -Chiller side 3 days in March - virgina
    Ebtron - airflow measuring devices 4 days- Myrtle beach
    McQuay - Air side 3 days - minisota
    United cool Air- 3 days - Pa
    ETI 3 days - florida

I dont know when I am going to get any work done

Hmm

Originally posted by TitleLess
    Originally posted by ct2
    Ya know Ct, every time someone new comes in and asks about soemthing that you feel is green, you have a way of knocking them down. Ya know, I'm almost ready to press the button,
    agree with you here totally,....remember, we all had to start at one time or another.....i thought the whole point of this site,is to share info.,and our knowledge with one another....we all have something to contribute........so ease up brother!!!!!!!

I'd love to hit some more training, but it rare in my area.

One supplier has evening courses ever 4 or so months. Not great but you usually walk away with something new or remembering something you forgot.

I went to a 2 day show... er class A/S put on a few months ago. We spent 2 hours learning manual D, 30 minutes learning manual J, a couple more hours with a question/answer part and the rest of the 16 hours was spent listening to how great thier products are.

I'd love to go to a 2 or 3 day (or a bit longer) where they just teach you. I asked the supplier about going to a Trane or A/S tech school. I guess they used to have them a few times a year down at their plant. But the answer I got was they quit doing that. Not sure if it's true, but either way I guess I'm not going lol.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."