The story gets more interesting. Not yet sure how this plays into the big picture. The intrigue never stops with these guys.

Whittington was named presiding officer of the Funeral Service Commission after a major shakeup of the agency in 1999. His board reluctantly agreed to pay $50,000 as part of the settlement to end the two year-old Funeralgate case, in which Jewish graves were desecrated, and the corpses left in the woods to be eaten by wild pigs.

The company involved in the Menorah Gardens scandal, Service Corporation International, was later awarded a no-bid contract to count and collect corpses in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

Harry M. Whittington (born March 3, 1927) is an American lawyer, real estate investor, and political figure from Austin, Texas. On February 11, 2006, Whittington was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney while quail-hunting on a Corpus Christi, Texas, ranch.

"Funeralgate" is the name given to a scandal involving George W. Bush and family campaign contributor Robert Waltrip, owner of Service Corporation International, the largest funeral home company in the world.

In 1999, Bush was subpoenaed but refused to testify in a lawsuit filed against the state of Texas and SCI by Eliza May, former director of the Texas Funeral Service Commission, who claimed that she was fired when she refused to quit investigating SCI despite pressure from Bush and his then Chief of Staff Joe Allbaugh.

The lawsuit was quietly settled in November, 2001, weeks before the revelation in the media that two Florida cemeteries owned by SCI were recycling graves, removing remains from their places of rest and placing other people in the graves.

9,000 people have staked a claim to a $100,000,000 settlement in a lawsuit stemming from the the desecration of graves at these cemeteries.

In one instance at Menorah Gardens, a Jewish cemetery, SCI desecrated graves and left corpses in the woods where they were devoured by wild hogs.

The general manager of Menorah Gardens, Peter Hartman, died by apparent suicide on December 27, 2001.[1]

Harry Whittington, was named presiding officer of the Funeral Service Commission after a major shakeup of the agency in 1999. His board reluctantly agreed to pay $50,000 as part of the settlement to end the two year-old Funeralgate case. [2]

In February 2006, Whittington was shot in the face by Vice President Dick Cheney in an apparent hunting accident.

SCI was later awarded a no-bid contract by FEMA to count and collect corpses in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina.

[Edited by refrigeration mafia on 02-16-2006 at 02:57 AM]

Yeah. I'm sure that happened. I bet those dogs really loved the taste of those EMBALMED corpses. And I bet the loved ones who visited those sites thought, "Hmmm. Different gravestone. I must be in the wrong cemetary." I am sure that happened.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Notice all the Lug Nuts don't post their sources?

Why would you edit a lick and stick?

it was hogs,not dogs,looks like it happened in florida a couple years back.simple search gives you plenty of info.i found it under funeralgate.

Originally posted by r22jjc
    it was hogs,not dogs,looks like it happened in florida a couple years back.simple search gives you plenty of info.i found it under funeralgate.
    And I suppose it was hogs, not loved ones, who were confused about which cemetary they were at.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by refrigeration mafia
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Ummmmmm, Booty; Jews don't embalm their dead. Sorry.

Otherwise, what this thread proves is that ultra-liberal, whiney greasebutts will dig up anything to start a beetchfest.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

might be a little confuseing to some folks to find gramps grave&headstone aint where they used to be,my goodness i didnt know that respecting the dead made a man a ultra-liberal whiney greasebutt,you reckon any of those remains were vets? who wouldnt be mad that they ckucked your kin folk over the fence?

Hey Brain Dead here's one

Originally posted by James 3528
    Notice all the Lug Nuts don't post their sources?

Why would you edit a lick and stick?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...bush082399.htm

thats pretty sad, and in todays times typical.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us