Had Echelon standalone software named "LNS Server runtime"?
    On Echelon site I find it included to some other software packages. Or had other companies this kind software?
    I need it to connect OPC server with LON-bus.

Hi Jomi,
    It is hard to tell from your question whether you have an OPC server already and you are looking for LON or LNS server driver for it, or you are looking for a OPC to LON complete software package.

To answer your first question I believe any company the offers LNS based network management tools like:
    echelon
    newron systems
    Circon
    Distech
    etc.
    will install LNS server even if you just install their free demo packages so that is a way to get the LNS server runtime components installed.

Another way is if you look at LNS DDE server package from echelon which has a free demo download on their web site, you will see on page 2-6 of its user guide:
    http://www.echelon.com/support/docum...8-0170-01D.pdf
    That it can also install LNS runtime components.

As far as complete LON to OPC software solutions, there are many LNS and nonLNS solutions, One is:
    http://www.gesytec.de/frameset_eng.p...opc-server.htm

What country are you in?

Loytec even has a very nice OPC server that I saw at ASHRAE.

Originally posted by amigo

Another way is if you look at LNS DDE server package from echelon which has a free demo download on their web site, you will see on page 2-6 of its user guide:
    http://www.echelon.com/support/docum...8-0170-01D.pdf
    That it can also install LNS runtime components.

What country are you in?
    Is this legal, if I use LNS runtime from LNS DDE demo, for commercial purposes?

I had already good OPC, but I do not want buy LonMaker or other network management tools just to get LNS runtime. For network management I already had LonMaker in my laptop, but I can’t install it to customers SCADA PC. Or is it legal to do?

I'm from EU, not UK.

I don't think anyone here will tell you whether it is legal or not.
    I suggest that is a question for echelon.

LNS Server runtime = LNS Server redistributable.

With a demo version, you can do only 4 nodes including the PC. Legal, but not very useful.

For commercial use of more than 4, you need the real thing. If you get LonMaker, or any other front end that uses LNS, you get the real thing, but you have to pay for it.

If you do have one, then by trial and error, you will find that you can install the LNS Server redistributable on any number of computers (including 64 credits or more depending on what you have).

If you run out of credits, and the LNS server shuts down, you won't be able to restart it unless you contact Echelon. You won't be able to reinstall it either unless you contact Echelon. This is where you will be found and nailed. However, a complete wipeout of the hard drive may do the trick.