Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cannot get the pictures to post, sorry. I cannot find anything like the variable speed pullys anywhere. This company now makes similar clutches for bit rigs to vary the speed of the radiator fan as needed.

Certainly an interesting sytem, thanks for posting.

As for the new equipment... make sure to consider the application or use of space. Nothing like sitting in a theatre in your shorts & t-shirt and feeling a cold draft blowing on you and the usher says "... but sir it's very hot weather we're having, it's supposed to be cold."

I worked on HVAC systems for some theatres in Toronto,ON at onetime. They were often chilled water rooftop units with a chiller in a mechanical room - to reduce noise. Also had oversized ductwork to keep air velocities down - also for noise. Worked well.

Another theatre system I've seen also slows the fans down when the show starts then modulates O/A dampers towards 100% to maintain CO2 levels below 800ppm as the show progresses. Also worked very well.

I am sorry I cannot get the pictures of the equipment up but it was sent to me pdf and I can't get them to show up here. We plan to try to use 1 or 2 package units on a platform near the top of the rear wall so ductwork into the attic will be easy and mostly within the attic. Vandals will have a hard time reaching the platform unless they have a bucket truck or 20' extension ladder. We have a lot of copper thieves here.
    I am hoping that a couple of very large circular registers in the center of the ceiling for discharge and 2 returns in the wall high each side of the screen will work. There is room in the center of the attic to stand up but not at the edges near the walls. I am hoping this will be pretty draft free unlike the current air washer system which blows very hard when run at maximum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12